Chapter 7

Might Controls Everything

Sakura was gone, that was the only thing echoing in his mind as Sasuke stared at the limp form of his teammate, her empty eyes staring at him hauntingly.

It was just like back then, he thought as his world closed around him, those eyes the only thing in his vision, imprinted upon his memory as the instance that they became empty, tantalizing him as it seemed to repeat in an endless loop.

Sakura, always annoying, always weak, she shouldn't matter to him in his pursuit for vengeance. And yet, despite everything, there was a part of him that cared for both of his teammates as if they were family.

And now she was gone.

"Mother is displeased," Gaara's voice snapped him back to the present, "she's angry I gave her such weak blood."

He turned to look at the beast, perched on a branch across from him, a smile if it could be called that plastered on its face.

In response his hands tightened as he could feel the rage building inside of him, the familiar warmth and strength offered by it filling his veins even as a part of him noted how everything seemed impossibly clear and precise.

"Yes, give mother entertainment."

"Shut up," he snarled, bracing his left arm, lightning encasing the hand as he shaped the chakra to a finely honed edge.

However, before he could charge a trio of kunai hit the oversized pseudo-tanuki.

"Wha-"

And then they exploded, three massive fireballs engulfing Gaara. It was then Sasuke followed the flight path of the kunai back, finding Naruto, frazzled, worn, hair no longer pristine and straight with a look of murder etched into his features beside Sakura.

Immediately twenty clones appeared beside him and the words that exited, laced with such hate and vitriol caused a chill to run down Sasuke's spine.

"I want to hear him scream for his mother."

The clones nodded before leaping off in Gaara's direction.

Naruto then snapped around dropping to his knees, not even caring they were in blood as his hands began glowing green. Sasuke, Recognizing that as the Shōsen Jutsu (Mystical Palm Technique) jumped down beside Naruto.

Another trio of clones appeared as one started applying the healing jutsu to the right leg as Naruto focused on the left.

It was a lot worse than he had though, Sasuke realized as he fought to keep his gorge from rising. To say Sakura's legs were mangled would be an understatement, in several places he could see bone and sinew that should not ever be visible jutting out her mangled legs.

"Do-"

"Shut up," Naruto snapped, eyes hardened flecks of ice that didn't even give him attention. No killing intent was necessary as Sasuke could feel those words echo in his very essence.

Satisfied with Sasuke's silence he then looked up to the clone further up Sakura's side.

"Now," he commanded, the second clone going through a quartet of handsigns before his hands generated a greenish-blue glow, the clone then brought his hands down on Sakura's bare chest that Sasuke just noticed her top had been ripped open.