Chapter 3

Heenah's point of view

   Hey guys it's Heenah coming back at you from the capital. Today is the day of the interviews AND the individual training to get our scores. I am so nervous because the training is only an hour away. I feel confident on what i'm going to present, but i'm so nervous for the interviews.

  I sit at the lunch table with Ameliak, JD, and Zadaniel. "So have y'all like ever talked to each other" Ameliak questions, "Nah she smells to bad" Zadaniel shrugs his shoulders. I slap him straight across the face. "You'll never be as skinny as me" I start to argue. He throws his hands up in a rage and starts to yell. "Stop it! Bitches! If you guys want to survive y'all have to become FRIENDS" JD fires back. We sit back in utter silence. "Sorry you smell bad" Zadaniel sincerely apologizes. "Sorry you'll never be as skinny as me" I return the apology.

   1 hour later we are in line for the individual training, i practice my routine in my head.

"Zadaniel Pannini, District 12"

The loudspeaker summons Zadaniel. "Good luck, i guess" I wish him, "Thanks, you to" He walks into the arena and the door shuts behind him.

  A couple minutes later he walks out, he looks genuinely happy. "How'd you do?" I question. "I did amazing! I dragged those bitches on the concrete" He seems excited, "What did you do?" I'm very interested, "I played musical chairs with myself" He is ecstatic. Wow.. very impressive!!

  "Heenah Rodriguez, District 12"

I giggle. I know i'm prepared, but i'm still so nervous. Zadaniel wishes me luck and i walk into the arena. "Hello, Heenah. Please show us what you prepared" The game makers sit in a booth above me. I take a deep breath and get ready, I got this!

  I just stand there. I stand there and smile.

"When are you going to start?" The game maker asks. "I already started! My talent is being skinny!" I excitedly exclaim. The game makers gasp, they are shOOKeth. They talk to each other privately. I know i did well and i'm proud. I strut my stuff and walk out.

   Our designers dress Zadaniel and I up in our gorgeous trash bag outfits! We were so happy. The interviewer goes by district by district calling each boy and girl  who got reaped. We couldn't hear too much of it, but by the time he got to district 11 we could hear the interviews. We listen to the little boy, eeeeeeeeethane. Listening to his interview, we could tell he was going to be a crowd  favorite. Then the other district 11 girl goes, her name is eeva. The whole time she was talking about her love for Dwayne, the rock johnson. Then Zadaniel was called up, he giggled. He had a proud walk to him, but i could tell he was nervous. The interviewer asked about his passion, he talked about how much he loved musical chairs. The audience was loving him! His score comes up on the projector, he scored an 8! I giggle. That's a really good score!

  After Zadaniel's interview he felt very happy with what he put out there. It was my turn now. I focus on being a skinny legend and making Beyoncé proud. The interviewer talks to me about what i love, i respond with how much i love myself. My score is revealed on the screen, in so nervous. I was so surprised when i saw a 10 pop up on the screen. WOW! I got a 10/10. Being a skinny legend really pays off! The crowd giggled. They were shooKETH at my score. I walk off proudly thus concluding the interviews.

  When i walk off there's a sense of proudness, but also fear because i know when i wake up tomorrow. It's time for the games.