I'm still haunted by the memory

"You do realise that your being an idiot right?" MJ questioned.
I sighed and wrapped the fluffy blanket around me. "Maybe, I just, what if it does ruin his job? I wanted to make him happy. Not mesirable."

MJ sighed over the phone. "Peter that man adores you. The amount of money he has won't change that."

I bit my lip and stared at the pale wall. "I love him." I heard myself whisper. "Why do we push away the people we love? I know I should explain it to him, but it's so much easier to go through the pain." Tears prickled at my eyes.

"It'll be okay Peter. I'm sure he'll be the one to reach out." MJ said.
I nodded my head, "Yeah, maybe I just- I don't know."

"When I get my hands on that bitch though." MJ growled.
A laugh escaped my lips, "You won't do anything."

"I won't, can't say the same for security." MJ sounded smug through the phone. I hummed. "What are you thinking about?"
"I abandoned him, how could he forgive me?"

"Like I said, he adores you. No one will get between that, trust me." MJ said.

We talked for a little more, before hanging up. MJ was busy at the club, while I was drowning in self-pity. I am pathetic.

Why didn't I just tell Tony what happened? Why did I give her what she wanted? Did Tony want her? If so, why was he at the club all those times?

Being in love is painful.

A knock sounded on the door. I shoved the blanket out of the wat and got up to answer it. I swear if it's Pepper again- it wasn't.

"Tony?" He looked down. Bags underneath his eyes. Clothes covered in grease  and oil. He looked tired.
"Hey." He said softly. "Can I come in? We need to talk."

I opened the door and let him in. Heart heavy in my chest.

Little do you know
Alex & Sierra