🌺 Chapter I

<Groff's POV> 

Today is a great day. You know why? Because, for once, it's not hot enough to melt your skin off. Summer is nice, but I don't exactly like to die of heatstroke after only being outside for ten minutes. I step into Starbucks to get a snack, sighing happily at the cool air conditioning.

I order a bagel, slather it with cream cheese, and leave the store. I start heading towards the Richard Rodgers, happily eating my bagel. I glance at my phone to find a text from Lin and look up just in time to crash into someone.

"Fuck!" they exclaim, coffee spilling onto their gray sweatshirt. Why would you wear a sweatshirt in the summer? I step back, looking up at them. I'm pretty sure they're a guy. He has long, curly hair, but that's the only seemingly feminine part of him. "Watch where you're going, fucker."

"I am so sorry." I grab a napkin and hand it to him, continuing to check him out. He has dark eyes, defined features, and a very nice tan. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Yeah, piss off." I manage to realize that he's British. And... pretty handsome, actually. He storms past me, knocking my phone out of my hand. I take that back; he's an asshole. I pick up my phone, a small crack running across the top left corner.

I sigh and continue walking to the theater, opening the stage door. Thayne barrels past me, chasing someone. Probably Lin's adopted daughter, Olivia. I haven't been here in a while. We're just having a mini cast reunion  

"Hey, Groffsauce," someone says.

"Hey." I walk upstairs to Lin and my old dressing room. "Hey, Lin."

"'Sup, Groffsauce?" He's playing video games, just like old times. I sit on the couch with him, boredly watching him play on the TV as I work on making sure my phone's okay. There's a loud knock on the door.

"Papi? Please let me in!" a girl yells.

"Come in!" Lin shouts, not looking away from his game. Olivia darts inside, shutting the door behind her. "Hey, princesa. You in trouble again?"

"Whatever Thayne says, I didn't do it." She plops down on the couch with me, grinning. "Hi, Jon. How's my favorite tío?"

"I'm doing good, kiddo. You picking on Thayne again?"

"I just wanted a cookie. And maybe I stole it from him." I laugh and ruffle her hair. She sticks her tongue out at me.

"Oh, by the way, Liv, I forgot to get donuts for everyone. Can you handle getting them?" Lin asks.

"Can I handle it?" Olivia scoffs. "I'm almost fifteen, Papa."

"If you want me to go with, I can."

"I'll be fine. It's just down the street."

"Text me if you need anything. Or Groffsauce."

"I'll be fine, Papa," Olivia sighs. She walks over and kisses his temple. "I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Make sure you get one of those fancy sprinkle donuts for me," I say.

"Yes, Your Majesty." She bows mockingly and exits the dressing room. Lin cheers loudly as he beats the level, getting up and dancing around like a doofus.

"Go, Lin!" I laugh. He keeps dancing, eventually tripping on his feet. I snort and help him back up.

"Thank you, Groffsauce." I grin and he sits back down to start the next level.

A/N

Four years after I started writing this book, I'm rewriting it for the third time. 

Welcome, new readers. Welcome back, old readers.  

Love y'all!