0.05

The Harley Sportster hummed around his legs as he road down Morton Boulevard towards a motel to set up base. Mitch noted the change of Beacon Hills, how the small town had prospered and been beautified without him or his father present to witness it. When Moton Boulevard came to an intersection with Claset Street, he could not prevent his lingering stare as he drove away from the cemetery on the corner.

After arriving at the motel, that seemed to be excluded from the town's beautification by the grey-turned-green paneling outside, he laid on top of the sheets of the full sized bed. He stared at the ceiling wondering about the girl at the coffee shop, Flora. How her eyes had turned pink. His job as an assassin rarely included the supernatural unless Irene or Stanisfield were desperate because he typically handled terrorists. However, Mitch had never stopped reading and learning about the supernatural, and in turn his knowledge had saved his life more than once. Pink eyes meant Flora is either a werecat or a witch, and by the way the girl behaved Mitch was betting on werecat.

He sighed before laying out the information that Irene had given him, taking in what the file said and what was left out.

The woman, "Ebony", seemed to like killing the supernatural through torturous methods and preferred using electrocution and knives. Other field agents had reported that she has  black hair, tan skin, and a circle tattoo on her left hand in red ink. The pictures encased in her file showed how gruesome and unsympathetic she could be towards her victims.

He took in the information before putting the papers back together and ran a hand through his hair.

She deserves death, he thought bitterly.

The thought was just there to feel better about what he had to do, just like the fact he had to kill her made the mission more real.

The young man took a quick shower before laying on top of the covers on the bed. He did not want to assume the bed sheets were clean or lacked bed bugs, and laying on top the covers put his worries at ease.

His back to the bed, his gun-holding hand under the pillow beside his head, and his other hand behind his head. He slept like this for years after the crash, yet this is the first time doing so in his hometown.

There is something bittersweet about depending on a gun to stay alive in the town you used to call home.

<×><×><×><×>

Flora was relieved out of her mind when she finally arrived at the pack house. She had grown close to the pack recently even though she joined a year ago. Isaac seemed to become much more open to her after a few months, and she became attached to him more than any of the others. Isaac became the older brother she never knew she needed, while she became the little sister that he always wanted. Their troublesome upbringings made them even more relatable to one another.

As soon as she walked in as the meeting was taking place, she knew something was off. She registered the shock on Isaac's face before noticing it on everyone's except for Chris. who looked out of place amongst the others in that moment. She noticed everyone there and wondered why they all seemed so distraught.

"He needed to have a ride here. He told me not to even let any of you know he was here," Chris declared, Flora walking to stand beside Allison.

"No, if he was alive he would have came here five years ago. He would be here now, Chris," Scott told him, trying to persuade Chris and himself. The thought of his supposedly dead best friend forgetting him was unthinkable.

None of this made any sense.

"What is going on?" Flora asked, trying to gain some control of the situation. She still needed to tell them what happened at work.

Chris let out a sigh, feeling like he was making no progress with the pack. The only one that even believed him is Lydia, and she has not said much sense the phone call recording was played a third time before Flora arrived.

"Stiles is alive, he used to be in the pack. He was said to have died in a plane crash  that caused  his father and his girlfriend to die as well. I saw him yesterday and he asked me for a flight here. But he wants nothing to do with the pack," Chris summarized. keeping what happened at the gas station out of it. He did not want them to think of their friend as a killer or even as someone who is violent.

Flora scrunched up her brows, already understanding how Stiles must have felt because she has an outsider's perspective compared to the others.

"That must have been hell picking himself up after he lost his girl and his dad. He most likely wanted to repress everything good in his life and focus on starting a new life," Flora told them, everyone staring at her in surprise.

"You don't know him like that, Flora. He wouldn't have-" Isaac started, his expression showing pain.

"No, Isaac. He changed a lot after everything, I can see it in his eyes," Chris cut in, he did not want Isaac and Flora to argue after they had become like siblings.

Most of the pack members stood with their arms crossed, trying to keep the emotions at bay in order to appear strong.

No one spoke for a few minutes, until Derek spoke up.

"Well, if he is alive then we should try to find him. We can get a scent from Chris's plane and track him down. Any idea where he is headed or how he is getting around?"

"He left on foot, and he said something about having business to do here. So, maybe he has a job to do here," Chris replied.

"Okay, so tomorrow we will find him. We should all go together and if we find him we bring him back here... if what Chris is saying is true," Scott declared, feeling the need to have some control over the plan as a true alpha.

Everyone made small talk and seemed to agree on the plan. Most of the pack had left beside Chris, Flora, Isaac, and Derek when Flora remembered what she meant to discuss earlier.

"Wait, before Chris and you leave," she started while speaking towards Isaac, Derek overhearing from the kitchen, "I meant to tell everyone there was a guy in the coffee shop today that seemed to be a hunter but he held himself differently. He asked me about wolves being in California, so I told him he should leave because he was threatening. He did not seem shocked when my eyes flashed, even though I did not mean to flash them. He smelt like wolfsbane and some other scent that was earthy and potent. Drove off on a motercycle but I did not get a chance to see the plate number."

Chris knew who she was talking about right away while the other two men seemed confused and wary at best.

"Well, just try to stay away from him until we can handle the situation," Isaac replied, unfazed by her story. He would not let anything happen to Flora, so he was not worried.

Flora glanced at Chris, his expression making her feel like she was somehow missing something important.

"Right," she responded before going to her room that she stayed in since Derek let her have a room there.

Before Chris left he looked at Derek and muttered, knowing the werewolf could hear him, "He will not take kindly to being brought here. He is not the same kid you knew. He goes by Mitch now and I'd suggest calling him that if you want him to cooperate."

Derek did not move from his position, his back to the Argent, yet his shoulders did tense at the other's words.

Maybe they would find their pack mate tomorrow, but in what condition was what everyone asked themselves before the night turned to day.

more of a filler but I have got a few recommendations to update this, and I just want to say that if I keep updating it will most likely be slow....sorry I have summer courses

also let me know if you want stiles/mitch to have a love interest or not. and if so who?