He smiles. "You look good by the way"

"Thanks. It feels nice to be warm again," I hug yourself. Your arms were still cold.

Steven goes out of the room for a moment, grabbing the wet clothes on the way. He's gone for a moment without your clothes and comes back with a leather jacket. He walks behind an the wraps it around you, rubbing your shoulders. he sneaks a small kiss behind your ear and smiles against your cheek.

"This will help you warm up for now," he goes back to whatever he was doing by the stove.

"What are you making?" you sit on a stool.

"Some hot tea to help you warm up. I have a pizza in the oven. There's some root beer in the fridge to go with the pizza," he smiles

"Sounds great. I haven't eaten since breakfast," you smile."Got too busy at work."

"Well, I put an extra large pizza in the oven so there will be plenty to eat," he pours you a cup of tea and hands it to you.

"Thanks," you wraps your hands around it, letting the heat soak into your cold hands.

You take a slow gentle sip and feel the hot liquid run down your throat, "Mmm. Its good. Thank you"

Steven smiles, looking pleased and sits on the counter and looks you over. You felt like he could read your every thought, every fear, dream, and every pain. You didn't realize you were staring at him, till a grin spreads across his face and he winks.

"Lost in thought there?" he smiles

"A bit, I guess. This is a lot to take in in a few hours. This whole day has been rough." you sigh and sip your tea.

"Wanna talk about it?" Steven's eyes soften.

For some reason, Steven seemed like just the guy you wanted to talk to after this awful day. Somehow it just felt like talking to him would make everything better. You chew you lip and nod slow. Steven smiles a bit to encourage you to start.

"Well, to start off, my car wouldn't start this morning and I had to get it towed. I tried to call my work and let them know I'd be late, but my phone died so I couldn't reach them. I got there 2 hours late and I was already on very thin ice. I got to work right away and thought i was going to be okay, till my my ex-boyfriend came in and said he was starting to work there soon. I freaked out and was a wreck for the rest of the time he was there in a meeting with my boss. When it came time for a lunch break, a delivery guy that is a total creep came in and tried to corner me. I lost it and completely chewed him out." you stop for a breath.

Steven's jaw drops and his eyes looks sad, "Babe, sounds like you had a bad day before you even got to the park."

You flush when he calls you babe, "Well, after my boss caught me chewing this guy out he fired me on the spot. So, when I was getting my things to go, my parents called me at work to yell at me cause I hadn't returned the calls they had made to my cell phone. I hadn't never gotten them and my parents didn't understand. Apparently, I missed my cousin's wedding announcement and they were mad."