• 2 •

My bare feet were dry from the heat on the stones. i am walking on the beach, not a nice sandy one, i am in England after all.

Every time i took a step rocks dug into the bottom of my feet.

Taking another painful step, my foot landed on a shard of glass.

A sharp, broken piece of glass.

It burrowed into my foot and i let out a little scream. Sitting down on the rocks, i turned my foot at a strange angle to take a look at it.

When i saw it i inhaled through my teeth, making a hissing noise.

I don't know how on earth I'm going to get it out, its from a curved bottle and is half protruding from my foot.

Now im having thoughts of pulling out the glass out and it pulling some flesh with it or something.

All these people around me as well! Nobody stops to help a poor abused girl with a shard of glass jabbed in her foot!

Blood seeps out of the cut and around the glass.

"Are you ok?"

FINALLY! Someone cares!

"Uh, no." I reply, looking up to see a pair of dazzling blue eyes.

'Do you want me to bring you back to my pack house?' His melodic voice sounds in my head. Wait wha... oh yeah, mind link.

"Uh, yeah, thanks" i start to get up but he stops me.

"I'll carry you, you cant walk with that in your foot."

"But-"

"Its fine" he interrupts, picking me up bridal style.

Well i can tell this guy is a wolf but you cant just go around picking up girls!

[ that guy ^ POV ]

As soon as i set eyes on her i knew she was my mate, and by her scent i could tell that she was a werewolf. I mentally punched the air.

I've had some friends whose mates were human and lemme say it ended badly.

I mean, 50% of human mates leave when they find out about the 'wolf' thing.

"Are you ok?" I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows, there was a sharp bit of glass pointing out from her foot.

Im going to kill whoever left that glass and hurt my mate.

Whoa steady on, you haven't even got to know her yet! My wolf, hunter (ironically), said, i blocked him out, having enough of his irritating voice.

"Uh, no."

I like her already.

She looked up and me and stared into my eyes, i mind linked her, not wanting human  passer-bys to overhear

'Do you want me to bring you back to my pack house?'

"Uh, yeah, thanks" she sounds uneasy, i probably seem like a kidnapper or some creep.

She attempts to get up but i stop her, "I'll carry you, you cant walk with that in your foot."

"But-" she tries to protest but interrupt.

"Its fine"

I pick her up bridal style, i know i could of just supported her and she could of walked on her good foot, but it feels nice having my mate in my arms, even if i just met her.