Chapter 25

Ava's POV

Ava's POV

Thomas turns a light shade of pink as my lips lightly, hesitantly brush the soft skin of his cheek.

I pull back and resist the urge to stupidly smile at the look he’s giving me.

“Where are we going to go Thomas,” I ask shyly.

But before he can reply his phone rings, startling me he mouths 'I’m sorry' and takes it.

“Hello,” he says in a cold calculated voice, then there’s a pause as he listens to the person on the other side.

“Uh huh...call me later,” he replies and shoots me a small smile, “no, no, don’t let him get away.”

One of these days I’m going to find out who’s he talking to on the other side of the phone. That day is just not going to be today.

“Tell you what I’ll meet up later….I’m kinda busy right now”

A pause.

“Yes, yes, bye and be careful with him...don’t get hurt," Thomas pauses a  moment and ends the conversation with, "Uh huh...okay bye.”

Hanging up, he turns to me and, putting a small smile on his face, he says, “So where were we?”

My curiosity gets the best of me and I blurt out, “Who was that?”

His face stiffens and his cold, calculating, ice-cold blue eyes examine my face but after a few seconds he breaks his gaze and says, “Just a friend no one important.”

I silently nod. Argh what is he not telling me?

“So where would you like to go,” he asks, clearly trying to change the subject.

Well, I guess I'll take it. “I was thinking we could go to this little restaurant in my hometown and I could see some of my old friends and...maybe introduce you to them.”

His face brightens. “Of course, Ava, that sounds perfect.”

I smile and take a good look at him, his cold ice blue eyes shine in the fading sunlight, his dark blonde almost brown hair is slightly messy but perfectly fits his hard chiseled face with that sharp jawline. His dark black suit goes along with his muscular figure. And the small smile on his face fits in with everything making him look even more like an inhuman creature.

All in all, he looks perfect but that black suit is so not going to work and neither is the dark red shimmering dress I’m wearing. The place we're going to is casual, like one of those places friends go to chill and hang out. I have so many memories of me having fun, laughing, being lazy, crying, enjoying myself at that place it was almost like a second home to me.

“Thomas, you might want to change it's not the best place to wear a dress suit,” I say.

“Alright then, how about I meet you back here in,” he looks a the expensive watch on his wrist and continues, “about half an hour.”