31. The key for a curse

Start from the beginning

- Oh, teens today and their underage drinking, smirks the vampire. Tragic. Wait, did you see Tyler's eyes turn yellow?

- They were more gold with amber highlights, he nods, frowning like he is thinking of something. Can he turn into a wolf now?

- Only on a full moon but now he has increased strength and who knows what else, I nod as I put a scarf around my neck. I walk back to my bed and start typing a text message. I wonder how much Mason told him. Does he know about us? Hey! Tells Damon which makes me look at him. I was so into my phone I didn't pay attention to him for a second. What did you tell him?

- Nothing, really. I don't think he knows much of anything. He seemed really freaked out and honestly, I felt kind of bad for him, I grab my bag and go downstairs.

- He's got to know something, says the vampire following me closely behind.

- Alright, I'll ask him, suddenly, he rushes over me and grabs me by my collar. I swear he scares me when he does that.

- No, you won't Caroline! He cannot know about us. A bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire so don't be his friend! Do you understand me? I frown lightly. He sounded so... caring which is weird.

- I understand. I'm late for school.

- Right, nods Damon as he releases his grip on my collar. If you want to drop the hint to your mom, that Aimee's body is at the bottom of a ravine with a cracked spine. Might save your mom some time, smirks the vampire while I roll my eyes. How can he joke in such time? So much mystery in this vampire. We both exit my house to do our stuff.

Tyler's P.O.V.

I enter the halls of the school, nervously. I've never been so nervous and lost before. I can't forget what happened to the masquerade ball with Sarah. And Aimee who's lost... It's too much at the same time. Posters of Aimee smiling are on the walls. I look down and walk quickly passed it to turn in the next corridor. Candles, flowers and papers with lovely words are on the floor and on the locker of Sarah. And I'm the one who did this... Nobody knows it. Except me, Gillian and Caroline. I uncomfortably walk to my locker. My hand is shaking. I try to open it but accidentally break it. What the...? I look around to be sure nobody saw anything.

Stefan's P.O.V.

I haven't seen Gillian since the masquerade ball and I can stop worrying. I didn't sleep last night. I tried to call her but she doesn't answer. I let her twenty voicemails if not more. Where is she for God sake? If I see her in the corridors, God I'll kill her. I hate when she doesn't tell me where she stays at night. I close my locker when Jeremy comes to me.

- Hey Jeremy, I tell him tiredly and walking away with him following me.

- Hey Stefan, I'm looking for Gillian. Do you know where she went to when she arrived here? I stop in my tracks abruptly.

- you haven't heard from my... I look around us at people cercling us before sighing. My sister.

- well, I send her texts but she hasn't answer them. So I thought to ask you if you knew if she was here. I would like to go to the Grill play some pool since I know she isn't well lately.

- Wait, wait... hold on a minute. Gillian didn't text you back since when? When was the last time you saw her? I ask frowning as my worriedness increases.

- the last time I saw her it was... I think it was when I came to prevent you that what you and Damon were doing to Katherine hurt Elena and Gillian. I close my eyes as I pass a hand in my hair. Where the hell is she? What happened to her? Is something wrong?