Chapter 1: The thing I always wanted

"Dimitri! Why? I could of handled him!" He didn't trust me to be able to handle him. Like he always does he practically read my mind. "Oh Roza. I know you loved him but that doesn't change what he was going to do to you. I didn't want you to be faced with that burden. Killing someone you loved once, it hurts more then you think. Even if he was a monster". I couldn't help but feel like I could of done more. I probably could of prevented it, but now it's just lost hope and over with. Just like that, in a blink of an eye. Everything changed, but was it for the better?  "Dimitri I don't want be here anymore. Please take me away". "Alright Rose". He led me away from the cabin, then called Alberta to tell her know what happend. After he hung up he turned all his attention on me. He got down on one knee and pulled out a red box. My breath caught, when I finely remembered how to breathe I let it out. "Now I know this isn't the best time considering what just happened with Adrian, but I can't handle it anymore I love you Rose. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you back in Portland. I didn't know it then but now I do, this is the place St. Vladimirs when I finally gave myself to you, and you I. I want more of you of us, I want people to know where together. Will you marry me?" I can't believe this is happening, and I can't believe what I'm going to say next because I never thought of this day happening. But then again this is the love of my life. "Dimitri, I love you so so much. Yes". He pulled me into a tight embrace then picked me up spinning me around our little apartment, then he carried me to the bedroom, laid me down and started unbuttoning his shirt. Then I started undoing my pants. He stopped me and hovered over my still dressed self, then shook his head. He bent down kissed me then crawled into bed next to me. "Not tonight Roza, I love you but not tonight" he always knew when things have been to much for me.

FLASH FORWARD

When I woke up the next day I was in Dimitri's embrace. It felt nice, the best morning I've had in six years since the morning I took my final to graduate and become an official guardian. I turned over an saw Dimitri sleeping peacefully. He looked amazing sleeping so sound and peaceful. "You know it's weird to stare at someone when they sleep." he said. "Says the one that's been doing it for five years since I moved in with you". He laughed, I will always love that laugh. "I love you" and he's the love of my life "I love you too Rose". I don't care if he says it a million times my heart will forever flutter when he tells me that.

I woke back up with an unsettling feeling in my stomach that had me running to the bathroom toilet. I've been sitting by the toilet for half an hour now and I kept throwing up. Dimitri has been with me the whole time holding my hair up. "That's it your going to the doctors and that's final Rose something isn't right". Thank you sherlock homles. I secretly went to the doctors a couple days ago all the way at court, Lissa had made me, I had no choice since she ordered it and the fact she's the queen. I couldn't disobey a direct order. But I only went under one condition and that was she had to come with me and leave her queenly duties for a day. Of course sparky came with, I wish he hadn't because when Doctor Smith came in and gave me impossible news. I didn't want anyone to know. "Your 3 weeks pregnant Mrs. Belikov". The only people that know I'm pregnant is Lissa, Christen, and I. I'm nervous to tell him. He'll think I cheated on him. I actually took some spit from him in his sleep. I felt like a total legend all sneaky and stealthy. "Rose... Roza!!!" Dimitri was calling my name. "Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts." I took another couple minutes before I continued "Dimitri I need to talk to you." It's going to come out sooner or later. "What do you need to talk..... about?" he looked hesitant. "I'm pregnant". He didn't say anything for a long time he just had a glazed look. Then he confirmed my worst fears. "Whose child is it? It biologically can't be mine. Two Dhampirs can't procreate." Exactly what I thought but you're the only one I've been with. "Clearly not, because I got a DNA test yesterday when I went to the infirmary." Sneaking away for that was also beyond hard. "What did it say?" he was sounding way to anxious for my liking "You're the father Dimitri. We're going to have the family that we've always wanted. Are dreams are coming true". He wasn't saying anything. Maybe he doesn't want a family anymore. "Rose my love, we're going to have a family!" he started shouting with joy. "I know I can't-" I was cut off when the Strigoi alarms went off. I grabbed my stake without hesitation as did Dimitri in reflexes befor he could stop me I was out the door sprinting to find and protect Lissa. Right when she was in my sights my neck was in the hands of a strigoi. All I heard was Dimitri calling my name then I was knocked out or blacked out but the last thought I had was I have to protect my child and husband. But just like everything else in life. My life just changed within a blink of an eye.

I finally woke up a couple days after the attack. I learned that only a few strigoi broke into the academy grounds and that Dimitri took care of them easily. What everyone else wanted to know was why they were there in the first place. Why take a risky move when they were all going to get killed. But I knew and from what I knew I had to get away. To protect him and her. Their happiness came before my own. They came first.