"You.. Can't do that.." He said, looking back at you. You felt an uneasy sensation from his gaze, and therefore took a few steps back. He started to walk slowly towards you. This didn't give you the threat of immediate danger, but it still alarmed you. Ciel quickly recovered the short amount of ground Alois had made and stood between the two of you, the gun once again pointed at Alois's helpless form.

The Earl of Trancy terrified you, but seeing the condition he was in now, just didn't feel fair. It didn't feel right. You grabbed Ciel by his shoulders, pulled him back away from Alois and turned him towards you.

"What are you doing?" He asked you in an hushed tone.

"Alois has done enough damage for today. I don't need his blood on your hands to make it worse." You quietly scolded.

"Young master, we must leave shortly. It's nearing lunchtime." Sebastian commented. You looked behind you to see him standing calmly, Demon Sword in hand and blood scattered all over him. Sebastian seemed to see your eyes stare at the blood because he looked down at his suit to see its remains.

"Tch. Well, I suppose with some vigorous cleaning I can get out these stains, but I may need a new undershirt.. I'm surprised there are no tears.."

"We're done here anyways." Ciel said, moving you out of the way and putting the gun on Alois's head. The boy froze on his impending death. He dropped to his knees dramatically.

"C-Claude.."

"Wait!" You shouted, causing Ciel to look back at you, "Ciel, just leave him. Let's go."

"Leave him?! Why, so he can come after you again?"

"It would greatly upset the balance of the underworld, Ciel. You know this as well as I do. If he dies without a heir, the underworld community would begin to crumble until they desperately tried to find a new one. Let's deal with this on another day."

Ciel took another glance at Alois, who had crumpled from the realization that his entire staff had been murdered - and may it be add - effortlessly by Sebastian. Ciel knew that he was just a depressed child with anger issues, but you were right. There has been enough bloodshed. Alois will simply need to build up his empire again, which will definitely occur in the near future, so Ciel decided that it would probably be in everyone's best interest just to leave him here.

"Fine. Let's go." Ciel said, lowering the gun and putting it back in its holster on his belt. Sebastian smiled and bowed towards the two of you.

"I shall prepare the carriage." Sebastian announced, walking towards the carriage in the distance.

"I'm going to go and look for something inside. I'll be right back." Ciel said, pulling your head towards you and giving you a kiss on your forehead. You blushed madly. You had missed his delicate affections and were happy that things seemed to already return to normal. Sebastian had already made quite the distance between the two of you, so you decided to follow him, as you didn't want to be alone with Alois.

"I-I love you." Alois sputtered out, clenching his shoulder. You turned to look at him, and were profoundly shocked by his vulnerability and sadness.

Overwhelmed by emotion, you knelt down and hugged him, not caring about the blood that had already stained his clothes. He hesitated for a few moments before returning your embrace desperately.

"Alois, your brother wants to see you be happy on your own." You whispered into his ear, "If you do anything in life, do it for him."

You got up from the ground and went back towards the carriage, leaving Alois to sit on the dirt with tears in his eyes.