~twenty six~

Running. Running. Running far away. Running through the woods and into the darkness. You hit the branches of the trees that stood in front of you, hoping to throw off your chaser.

"Stay away from me!" You yelled, though you had no idea who it was chasing you in the first place. This all seemed so sudden, but you were too busy running to sort through it all.

"Get back here!" A dark and angry, yet unfamiliar voice yelled, causing your adrenaline to rise.

You kept quiet. You knew that your attacker knew your location by how loud you were, but you grabbed some lone pine cones on the ground and threw it off to the side, trying to throw it off of your path.

You continued to run, hoping that there would be a spot to hide eventually.

You felt an wet substance wrap around your arm, causing you to stop for a moment out of instinct. When you looked down at your limb, you could see that a white, thin string had wrapped around it, constricting your movements.

"Oh Lord... gross!" You yelled quietly, flicking you arm several times to try to get it off. Though, to your dismay, it only became tighter, pulling you back a little.

"No! Stop! What is this?!" You yelled, not caring if your attacker heard you. You heard chuckles resonate from close behind you, causing the hair on your arms to stand on edge.

"You can't leave~" Alois's twisted voice cooed. You felt a pair of sickly thin appendages wrap around you, giving you an uncomfortable sensation, "Never... Never, never, never ever."

The limbs constricted tighter around you, causing you to grunt.

"Alois, please stop." You begged, as you began to lose your breath rapidly. You became panicked, causing your breathing to get even more shallow.

"No, no, no, no, no." He repeated, squeezing harder. You looked down at the appendages around you, only to realize that his arms were not his own, but a pair of black, insect-like limbs. You screamed in horror, but only received an unnerving laugh in return, "Mine, mine, mine, mine."

You felt hands position on your head. The pairs of hands put pressure on your skull, causing you to once again cry out in pain.

"We'll always be together. Life and death, (Y/n)."

The hands placed on your head began to twist your skull, causing a dull pain to resonate through your body. You attempted to pry the hands off, but found that they weren't budging.

"I'll meet you in the afterlife, my lovely."

With that statement, he quickly twisted your head violently, causing a momentary flash of immense pain to course through you before everything went dull and your vision turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No!" You screamed, capitulating yourself from your pillow into an upright position. You could feel several sweat beads on your forehead as you looked at your surroundings. The Trancy Manor. Ah. Of course. How could you forget?

Once you recognized your surroundings, your mind immediately thought back to that horrific dream that you had just woken up from. It sent numerous chills down your spine just thinking about it, so you decided to tuck that thought away for now.

You took a look outside of your window. It was just beginning to dawn. Traces of the morning light shone through your blinds and cascaded along the room's interior. It made you want to fall asleep again until the morning light would hit your face, but your mind, in the midst of jogging its memory, came upon last night's attack, which put a weird sensation in your stomach.