"You look good." He commented. He glanced over to Hannah and gave her an intimidating scowl, "You can leave now."

Hannah immediately did as her master commanded and exited the room, quickly shutting the door behind her.

"What is it?" You asked, curious as to why he was in your room. He walked over to you and grabbed your arm.

"We're going to the main hall." With the grip that he had on your limb, he easily started dragging you along with him.

"W-Wait! Why?" You asked, trying to resist his attempts in moving you.

"I'm going to teach you how to dance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this really necessary?" You asked with a groan as Alois held your hand with his.

"Of course it is. You're going to be the star tonight, so you need to know how to dance properly." He explained, putting his other hand on your waist.

"I don't think you understand. I don't want to be the star. I would much rather just stay out of the way. Besides, I'm not much of a dancer." You pleaded. Though, Claude had already started playing a violin in the background, along with Hannah and the triplets picking up their own sorts of instruments and joining him.

"I believe that you don't really have a choice." He announced as began to lead you in a dancing routine.

You became a little more panicked with his reluctant attitude, causing you to step all over his feet as he slowly led you on the dance floor.

"A-Alois! I can't do this! Please, just let me—"

"(Y/n)." He took his hand off of your waist and rested his on the back of your neck, hoping to calm you by his gentle touch, "All you have to do is follow my lead, okay?"

You looked up at him. You felt tense concerning his affection, but you nodded your head in agreement regardless as you both stepped back and forth.

He smiled and resumed the dance, leading you across the dance floor: front step, back step; one movement at a time. His hand dropped back down to your waist, but you were too focused on the movements to really notice.

The music picked up, causing your dancing to go faster. At this point, you didn't have to look at your feet to recognize what you were doing. This was actually... a little fun. You laughed as you quickly picked up the dance, causing Alois to smile as well.

In this moment, all of your troubles faded off with the noise of the music. It felt nice to be able to have the illusion that you were under control for once.

"You're a fast learner, heh?" He held on to your left hand and held it up, allowing you to suddenly spin around in a circle. You held your head back as you laughed, Alois catching you perfectly as he led you back into the dance. You tripped over his feet a few times after, but you were having too much fun to care.

The music soon faded off, signalling to you and Alois that the dance as ended. In consideration, you both bowed to one another. You stood back up, a forced frown on your face.

"I can't believe you made me do that..."

"And enjoy it too." He added, smirking at you. He really did delight in your presence. As much as he enjoyed teasing you, he really felt something deep within him yearn for your presence. Not something that he normally felt when it came to attractive women, but you were someone that seemed to have a real resistance towards him. It made him curious, but more than that: he felt like he wasn't alone anymore. That maybe - just maybe - somebody truly cared about him.