xiii. Babysitting

Sean's POV

I stared at the boy in front of me. He took a bite of pizza and smiled, a dimple appeared on his right cheek. Dang, it's crazy how much we look alike.

"So," Julian cleared his throat. They just got here a few minutes ago. "What should we do with him?"

"What do you mean?" Kaycee raised an eyebrow at him. "Of course we're gonna take him with us! We can't just leave him here, Jules."

"She's right," I nodded. "If we're going to the mall, then we need to take him with us."

Kaycee broke into a smile while Julian groaned. To fill you in, mom agreed to take care of Ayden for today but I guess she forgot about it and went out with Laura instead.

So, yeah, looks like I'll be the babysitter then.

"Bro, there's no way I'm babysitting someone else's kid." Josh said. "I know ya'll are good friends with the Nguyens but I ain't helping you take care of him."

"Me too." Julian piped in. "We love you dude but you know how bad our experiences are with babysitting."

I heaved a sigh and nodded. Of course, if there's one thing that these two are worst at — it's babysitting.

"Don't worry, Sean, I'll help you." Kaycee said, smiling as she watched the kid in front of her eat pizza. "Aw, he's so cute!"

She reached for Ayden's cheek and wiped the smudge from the food. She continued to gush at him and I can tell that she even wants to pinch his cheeks.

"Kayc, you do realise that this little git looks like Sean, right?" Julian looked at her incredulously.

Fuck you, Julian.

"Er–" Kaycee quickly looked away.

I gave him a nudge on the stomach as Josh clapped a hand on his mouth, obviously trying to hold in his laughter but extremely failing.

"You guys should stop talking about me like I'm not here." Ayden spoke for the first time since he got here. "It's disrespectful, you know?"

Well, it looks like someone is already a smart mouth at an early age.

"Woah there, kiddo." Julian raised his hands in surrender, chuckling. "Okay, okay."

"Aw, he speaks!" Kaycee gasped in somewhat amazement.

I shook my head and laughed at her reaction before picking up Ayden.

"Come on," I said. "We're going to the mall."

* * *

Kaycee's POV

The first few minutes in the mall were okay, Ayden was behaving well until we passed by an ice cream parlour and he immediately demanded to go inside.

In the end, Sean bought him a chocolate ice cream in which he happily ate.

"Psh, look at him." Julian said as he watched him eat. "Hey kiddo, you happy?"

"Yeah!" Ayden said cheerfully.

Aw, he's so cute! I reached for his blonde-streaked hair and tousled it. Julian's right, he does really look like Sean.