xiv. Stuck Once Again

"Kenneth, my man!" Alexander Chung pulled him into a tight hug. "And here I thought I wouldn't see you again! Welcome back!"

"Thank you, Alex." Kenneth said, grinning.

He had just pulled away from the hug when a group of guys came up and pulled him in for another hug.

"Man you've grown like six inches! Woah, is this what happens when you migrate to another country?"

"How was your stay in the Philippines? Met any cute girls you could introduce us to?"

"Wait, I thought you were dating AC? Or was it just my imagination? What happened to the both of you?"

Kenneth shakes his head, laughing.

He missed this.

* * *

Kaycee's POV

"Seriously, let the man breathe!" was the first thing that I heard once I got inside the room. It was Alex. He was surrounded by a group of boys and they were all laughing.

What's happening?

I looked at Taylor beside me and gave her a questioning look but she just shrugged and went to the other side of the room where she laid down her things.

Meanwhile, I remained standing on my spot as I waited for Sean — who forgot his phone in the car. After a few seconds or so, the door swung open and revealed his adorable– wait, what? I meant, his face. I don't know where the 'adorable' came from.

"Hey," He said. "Where's Alex?"

"There." I pointed at the direction where Alex is. He was saying something and the boys were still laughing. Suddenly, one of them, whose back are facing us, turned around and faced Alex.

I gasped. "Oh my gosh, this can't be."

Kenneth. Kenneth freaking San Jose is here. How is this possible? Oh dear, he can't see me!

"What's wrong?" Sean asked, obviously confused.

I reached for his hand and look at him with wide eyes. He stared at me, unblinking.

"Sean, we need to get out of here." I murmured. He furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a questioning look.

But before I could even say anything, a voice all too familiar filled the room and said,

"Kaycee?"

I didn't have any time to react. I pushed the door open and ran, holding Sean's hand tightly.

"Woah, woah, woah, what's happening?" He managed to say while running. "Kaycee, what's–"

"I'll explain it to you later!" I said. "Just. Keep. Running."

"Kaycee, wait up!" Kenneth shouted from behind. I didn't dare look back.

We kept running through the maze of hallways until finally, I saw an open door. I quickly took the chance and dragged us inside, shutting the door tightly.

We stood still in silence as we listened for any footsteps. A few have passed and there was no sign of Kenneth. I sighed in relief.

"We lost him," I said and turned to look for the switch. It was pitch black. I've just took three steps when I bumped into a solid wall. A few things have clanged.

Is it just me or does this room is a little too small for dance classes? And why can I smell a strong scent of deterg–? Oh. My. Gosh. Don't tell me that we're in a janitor's closet?!

"Let's get out of here." I said and reached for the knob. The only problem is, there is no knob. Wow, this is so freaking great! "Sean, we're locked. It can only be opened from the outside."

I waited for his response.

Silence.

"Sean?" I managed to found my way to him. I squinted my eyes to get a good look at him. His eyes were closed and his breathes were heavy. Oh god, what is happening? "Sean, what's wrong?"

"Sean?" I took his hands and gave it a squeeze. They were cold and sweaty. "Sean, talk to me, I'm worried about you."

I felt him shake his head. "I... can't."

He can't? He can't what? My heart was beating so fast. What is happening with him? Is he sick? Is he– oh no, please, no. Is he claustrophobic?

"Hey," I said softly. "We're gonna get out of here, okay? I'm here, Sean, I'm here."

This is your fault, Kaycee Rice. Why do you have to drag him with you? Ugh.

"Where's your phone? Hold on let me–" I was just about to let go of his hands when he suddenly pulled me into hug. Dug. Dug.

"Kaycee?" His voice was hoarse. He tightened his grip and I returned the gesture. I can feel him slightly shaking.

"Yeah?" I managed to speak over his shoulders.

"I'm scared."

* * *

Yo, what's up? Okay, I know I haven't updated for so long and this REALLY short chapter doesn't even make up for it but heh, forgive me. I promise to post another one within this week! 😄 Anyway, what do you think of this? Comment down below your thoughts and don't forget to vote! 💙

- For clarifications, I indeed posted "xiv. The Other Guy" yesterday. It was supposed to be chapter fourteen but I wasn't really feeling it. So, yeah. For those who got to read it, just forget about it. LOL. 😂