Boss Drama

Ayona

Ayona kicked the door shut behind her. Her purse slung from her shoulder.

The handbag she kept her work files, in a firm grip, two bags packed with groceries pulled tightly to her chest with both arms awkwardly—to stop them from leaning the other way and spilling all over the place—and another grocery bag swinging wildly in her right hand that her keys slipped through.

They clattered on the tiled floor.

She huffed, exhaustion dripping from her pores, and anxious she'd get to bed; she tottered her way towards the kitchen. Sighing gladly when she'd successfully rid herself of the load without making a mess, putting the groceries away.

Quickly she left her files in her office, daring herself not to think about work until the next morning before she went to her bedroom.

Her purse on the handle of her closet door, she got undressed, wasting no time in hopping in the shower.

By the time she got out of the shower, it'd been nearing twelve-thirty.

She shook her head, she silently cursing Gregg. She put on some lotion, threw on her silk robe and tied it up before heading towards the kitchen to fix up some spicy shrimp and broccoli Alfredo. After cooking up her food she situated herself in the living room, eating as she thought of her long week.

Since Wednesday, Gregg hadn't bothered to show up to work, not even once and that annoyed Ayona off to new heights. She got that Gregg didn't exactly like how is his father had sprung the company on him last minute, but seriously he had to get over it or she was going to lose her shit.

It'd already been a year since Gregg was "forced" to take over 3050, which was why she didn't get why he was still trying to be such a rebel about the whole ordeal. Spoiled bastard, she thought but then again who really knew what the situation was? She shrugged, before getting up to help herself to another round of Alfredo.

Least he could've done was warn a bitch, she condemned venomously. She was hoping he wouldn't pull the same crap next week or she'd have to give him a few fucked up words and maybe even slip a demand in for a raise. She smirked mentally at the thought.

It wasn't like she didn't like her job, shit, who would complain? He was paying her graciously and she was highly grateful, but whenever the issues between Gregg and his father popped up, she felt that she had to deal with the backlash of their drama.

For every minute that their drama interfered with Gregg's job to run the business, she was running around like a chicken without its head on, trying to make up for lost time.

Briefly looking up at the TV her thoughts about her boss paused, I'll be damned, I know they did not kill Lexie off the show.., "What the fuck—these niggas just killing everyone off the show," she mumbled rolling her eyes. She often wonderd why all the 'good characters' always end up dead.

Shaking her head, pausing the show, she picked her plate up and went back to the kitchen to wash the dishes and to put any leftovers in the fridge for breakfast. Once everything was cleaned up she grabbed a bowl and a spoon, pulling her Rocky Road out of the fridge. Scooping some into her bowl, she put the rest away, and headed back to the living room.

Arranging the pillows on the couch to her satisfaction, she sat back, resuming the show and taking the first spoonful of her ice cream. May whoever invented this ice cream, be blessed. Soon after a couple more episodes, she cleaned up and headed to bed, thinking about her plans for Saturday.

Comfortable in bed, she turned on her going to sleep playlist, which is automatically programmed to turn off after an hour before she lets her tired body and mind succumb to the dark.