Chapter 21

Christian's Pov

I rushed into the hospital and demanded to know her room number. Room 713, but you have to be family only. The receptionist said. I’m her soon to be husband, so that counts. I didn’t even wait for her say anything. I ran to room 713 to see her laying there lifeless. My girl had cuts and bruises all over her face. She didn’t look the same as she had when I had last seen her. I was genuinely upset. I had argued with her and just let her go. What if she doesn’t make it and that’s how we ended things? I would feel like the biggest jackass in the world. If only she would wake up and let me know that everything is ok and she’ll be fine. I can’t think negative though. I’ve got to stay strong for Bre. That was her favorite quote and she lived by it. I was in the middle of thinking when the doctor walked in. You’re Christian, right? The doctor asked. Yes. I replied. Well, Bre is going to wake up soon, but we just don’t know when. It could be tomorrow or even a week from today. We are watching her and her baby very closely. The baby is fine, but if she don’t wake up soon, it could be a very different story. The doctor told me. I hope she wakes up soon because she’s lost a baby before and this would kill her. She would be going through a tough time all over again. I said. We are hoping for the best and trying everything that we can. The doctor replied. Thanks, it means a lot. I said. Ok, I’ll be back later to check up on them. The doctor said and then he walked out. I just couldn’t imagine how Bre would feel if she lost this baby. She had to make it through this and still have that baby inside her. She loves that baby to death and so do I. I want to make everything ok and rewind time, so this would have never happened, but unfortunately I can’t. Gabbie was in the waiting room, waiting to hear the news because she isn’t allowed in her. She so she be allowed though. I had called Bre’s family, but they can’t make it. Apparently, they are having legal trouble right now and can’t leave Texas. I grabbed Bre’s hand and just sat there thinking when I felt her squeeze my hand. I looked up to see her staring at me. Bre! I’m so happy that you woke up. Don’t worry about anything, our baby is going to be okay. I said reassuringly. I noticed that I said ours. I said it because it seemed that way. Plus, I was adopting it. I’m so sorry for arguing with you earlier…I was foolish to even want to go to Australia knowing that it would be stressful. You were only thinking about my baby and I’s health. I’m sorry. She apologized. There’s no need to be sorry. If you would have known this would have happened things would have been different. We can’t live life thinking “what if this..” and “what if..that?” It just wouldn’t be any good for anyone to think about that. I’m the one that’s sorry because I stressed you out..I didn’t mean to though. I said. Thanks and no need to be sorry. I love you. Bre said. I love you too. I’m going to go tell the doctors that you’ve woken up.

Bre's Pov

I was so mortified when the plane crash had happened. I’m lucky that I didn’t get hung in places like most people had. I don’t know where I’d be if that had happened.

*flashback of the crash*

We’re crashing! We’re going to die! What about my kids? What about my wife? What about my husband? People screamed. I could only think about my baby at the time though. What if  I lost it? I would be lost inside and wouldn’t know how to keep it together. I would just die inside completely. That’s when the plane crashed and I blacked out.

*end of flashback*

The doctor came in and checked in on me to see if everything was going to be ok. He said that I would probably be able to leave in a couple of hours, but I was just worried completely. Is my baby okay? I asked. Yes, your baby is fine and is a fighter. Just like it’s mom. The doctor said. Thanks, but are your sure that I can leave in a couple of hours? I questioned. Yes, you’ll be fine. There’s just one thing that you need to do for a while. I’ll say for like two months you need to be on bed rest. The doctor ordered. Ok, that’s fine with me. I need the rest anyways. I said and then laughed. Ok, then. I’m going to go fill out your dismissal papers and you should be good to go. You got lucky today, I can’t say much for the other people on that plane. The doctor told me. Good, and I know. Them and their families will be in my prayers. I said. He then walked out. I was so excited to get out of this dang place. I didn’t like it here..it was just…depressing. It reminds me of the last time I was here. It was when I lost my baby. I don’t even want to think about that, so the sooner I get out of here, the better. I couldn’t wait to be back home in my comfy bed.

Gabbie's Pov

I was in the waiting room waiting anxiously to see how Bre was doing. Then, I saw her walking out and to the waiting room with Christian. This was a miracle. I was so shocked to see her, and she only had a few cuts and bruises. This girl was lucky, maybe she should try the lottery. I doubt she would do that though. I was just excited to be able to talk to her again. She had made it. She had stayed strong.

This chapter was short.  Sorry. I'll try to make Chapter 22 longer.