Abuse

My mom was right. I wasn't the same and I wasn't sure I would ever be. I'm 22 years old and alone. I stared at myself in the mirror. I need a change. I need to break free, I'm tired of being locked up in the emotion of hell. I know exactly what Harmony and I are doing today.

Knock knock " come in!" I said grabbing my purse.

" Hey Ariel- wait what are you doing? Your suppose to spend the day with Harmony? " she said.

" I am, we're going to go shopping and get our hair and make up done." I smiled.

" Yayyy!" she cheered.

"Alright, here some money Harmony. you girls have fun! ill be back later tonight." she said leaving.

" So what first?"i asked turning to harmony

" Hair and make up , duh!" she giggled.

" Don't duh me!" I laughed as we walked out of my apartment.

We walked down to the salon down the street. they weren't busy, so they started on us right away. we did hair first.

" Harmony, no hair dye okay?" I told her.

" What why" she asked disappointed.

" Would mother let you?" I asked knowing the answer. she huffed and puffed.

" You can get highlights that's it!" I said giving in.

" Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she cheered.

" So what do you want done?" my guy hair dresser asked.

My hair went to the middle of my back, " I want to cut.... my hair." I said

" How much off?"

"A little below my shoulders." I said. I heard a gasp come from harmony.

" Ariel, are you serious??!?!"

" Sure why not? I need a change." I said

I watched as he chopped off my hair. I closed my eyes, I couldn't watch. I've been growing my hair out since I was 13. I finally heard the scissors stop.

"Are you done?" I asked peaking through my hands.

" Almost, just gotta put some layers in. girl your hair was dead down there anyways. this shorted more compliments your features." he said I looked over and harmony had foil in her hair. she made a silly face. as we sat there getting our hair done we talked about everything. she had her first boyfriend and kiss, she beat up some boy at school, Dad put her in private school.

" Yeah mom and dad don't get along since what happen." she spoke.

" What do you mean?" I asked

" Well he's a lot more strict and mean..."

" How's he mean?"

" I don't know what happen to him Ariel , but even if we look at someone of color he hits us." she said with sorrow.

" What does mom do?" I asked with anger

"She use to fight back but that only made things worst..."

" You guys need to get out of there." I told her.

" Moms to scared to leave." she said.

" I wish I could live with you." harmony confessed.

" I'd let you live with me in a heart beat." I replied. she gave me a half smile. We talked the rest of the time "done!" He said. he turned around my chair and bam! a new me! I ran my finger threw my shoulder length hair. he added light brown highlights to my hair, did my make up perfectly . I actually felt pretty for once.