Where'd you go, i miss you so.

I laid there in my bed, doing what I'm usually doing at 1am
Thinking about him. Did he forget, did he not want me anymore, is it cause there's prettier girls than me? Was it that easy to break his promise? these questions run through my head every night. We were suppose to make history together, but he left me behind. 7 years I waited. seven fucking years. I lost everything because of him, because I loved him. I remember that night so clearly....

"Huh? did you have that negro in this apartment?" my father asked screaming. I was shaking.

" ANSWER ME!" he yelled. I nodded. BAM! the back of his slammed a crossed my face knocking me to the ground. Tears stung my eyes as my dad pulled me up throwing me down On to the couch.

" Andy! that's enough!" my mother yelled.

"Shut up!"he told her.

" Daddy stop!" harmony cried.

" Leave, go in the other room!" he told my mother. harmony reluctantly followed along with Marilyn

" We made a deal Ariel!" he yelled.

" I love him." I whispered.

" You what?!" he yelled.

" I love him." I said a little louder. bam, he back handed me again I yelped falling over.

"You do not love that Nigger! you are white and he is black! that is disgusting, loving a black man!" he yelled

" He's no different then You and I !" I yelled back.

" Yes he is! he is not equal to Us!and for you to stoop to their level is beyond shameful. you are nasty! "

" He's not nasty! people like you are the nasty, disgusting ones!" I yelled

"Did you kiss him?! huh ? did you kiss that nasty negro!" he yelled slapping me repeatedly.

" Stop!" I screamed running from him full of anger.

"You know what dad! I did more than kiss him! I made out with him, we touched each other and GEUSS what? we had SEX!!!" I yelled. I looked over mother, harmony and Marilyn came in and bam! I was knocked hard to the ground, my vision was fuzzy , all I heard was screaming, I felt him kicking me repeatedly in the stomach. I could feel bleed coming up to my throat. He started to punch me every where as i screamed in pain,my mother and Marilyn finally pulled him off me.

" Sissy, wake up!" I heard harmony yell coming to my side. I let out a groan as the pain was near unbearable. I spit up blood, coughing from him knocking the air out of me. tears streamed down my face as I laid there and harmony kept trying to get me up. I got on my hand and knee as more blood came from my mouth. my dad hospitalized me that night.

Going on a few months after that, my family disowned me. Marilyn kicked me out. I hopped between houses(Lauren Kim Bryan and Louis) for the next two years.i got a job to pay each person a little rent, most the time they didn't except it and were being generous. Once i graduated I saved up each money for my own apartment. I worked my ass off that whole year and when I wasn't working I sat on the couch waiting for him. As months went by, I started to lose hope the next thing I knew it was February of 1966. I cried for nights realizing he'll never come. once it hit June of 1966 I enroll for fall classes of a near by college.

I was half way threw with college when I finally saw him.... on TV.
He was dancing and singing. making history, without me.... I cried for weeks.

I was all alone in this big cold world, no family, all my friends left and here I am now, sitting in my apartment with my cat. my family hasn't contacted me in 7 years. harmony is 13 years old tomorrow, I can't even call her to tell her happy birthday.

The next day I woke up, went to work. I work at this dance studio. going to college opened my eyes to a lot of new things. dancing ended up coming natural for me. I never knew I was that good of a dancer.

I got home from work and made dinner. at 6pm a knock came at my door. I put down my spoon and opened the door. my jaw dropped and I jumped Into my mothers arms crying.

" Oh my god, mom I missed you!" I said hugging her so tight.

"Ariel?" I heard a small yet mature voice.

" Oh my goodness ! Harmony? it that you?" I gasped. she jumped into my arms.

" I missed you Ariel !" she cried. we all were crying.

" Happy birthday Harmony."i whispered as I held her.

" You remembered " she stated

" Of course I did" I said pulling away.

" Is he here?" she asked referring to Michael. I cried even harder. my mother hugged me.

"What's wrong ariel? " they asked.

" He- he never came back for me mom." I cried dropping to my knees.
They helped me into my apartment because people were starting to get nosey.

We sat on the couch. "Ariel, baby what happened ?" mother asked.

" I don't know. he promised me mom! he told me he'd come back for me! he lied. he never came back. I've been waiting 7 years!" I cried.
My heart was breaking all over again. They both held me. " I lost everything for him, mom " I said wiping my years.

We all sat there all night catching up. this was Harmonys birthday wish. she wanted to see me and dad finally let her. harmony is a beautiful young lady. she had gorgeous brown hair, with natural high lights, tan skin and green eyes.

" How long are you guys here?" I asked

" Just for 3 days. I thought I'd let you and harmony bond and go see Marilyn tomorrow." mother said.

" Yes yes yes yes!" harmony cheered.

Five minutes later.
" I'm hungry..." harmony said as her stomach growled.

" Well go eat then. there's food." I giggled.

Harmony went to eat.

" I can trust her here with you, right?" mother asked.

" Yes mom.... what do you think I'm going to do? brain wash her into marrying a black man?" I said throwing my hands in the air.

"No it's just your father-"

" He's not my father." I stated.

"Ariel.." my mother sighed.

" He is your father."

"No he's not. a father loves her daughter no matter what, protects them, and doesn't hospitalize their daughters ." I said

" Ariel , you need to let it go." she said grabbing my hand.

" Holding on to all of this mess is damaging you. your not the Ariel I use to know. funny, out going, smiling all the time. what happen to her?" she asked.

" She died, along with the love Michael and I shared." I said blankly.