Chapter Twenty-Five - Betrayal

Chapter Twenty-Five

Betrayal

When I woke up the next morning, all I could hear was yelling, crying, and things breaking. I didn't know what was breaking and shattering, but the yelling voices belonged to Jack and Jeff. The crying wails were from Jaxon. Panic went through me and I rolled off of the mattress that rested on the floor, planting my hands on the ground. If I was going to spy on what was going on, I didn't want Jack of Jeff to know I was awake. I stood up straight, my eyes looking around the dark room. I went over to the window, peeking through the blinds. No matter the time of day, it was almost always dark because outside was just a shrouded mist that never went away. It sucked a little.

Walking towards the door, I froze when I heard growling. Looking down at my bare feet, I realized that I had stepped on Smile's tail. A small smile curled my lips as I leaned down, scratching the dog behind his ears. "Sorry Smile." I muttered, moving off of him. My hand reached forward to the cold knob of the door, twisting it to let the door open just a crack, big enough for an eye to peek out from. The light from the hallway slipped into my room, crossing the eye of Smile, which caused him to get up and move to a darker spot of the room and sleep. Now that I had opened the door, the voices that were hollaring got louder, and so did the crying. It came to my attention that the two voices that I was hearing was of course the voices of Jeff and Jack. I could barely make out what they were saying besides small snipets.

I wasn't curious about it though. They always seemed to be fighting. What I was more interested in was the wails that I was hearing, and if that was Jeff and Jack fighting, that could only be my younger brother crying. I opened the door a little more, enough to squeeze through. I didn't want to completely open the door or make too much noise that either of the two would know that I woke up. Folloing the crying, I walked down the hall slowly, my hand against the wall. To my left was the living room, to the right was the kitchen. The cries were coming from the living room. As I peeked around the corner at the kitchen, I saw no one. Perhaps Jeff and Jack were in Jack's room.

Making my way over to the living room, I found Jaxon with his head in his hands, crying his eyes out. Kneeling in front of him, I ran my fingers through his golden curls. His head shot up immediately, blue eyes blinking back at me.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, my face twisted with concern.

He seemed to be hesitant to answer, but he whispered back, "I don't like fighting. They're fighting about you."

I went straight for a moment and bit down on my lip almost too hard. Nodding my head, I gave Jaxon a pat on his back and a small kiss on the top of his head. I promised him everything would be okay once I handled this, and so I made my way over to the room that I could hear yelling from. Jack's room. The room where Jack first kissed me. The thought made me cringe.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard the crashing of something hitting the floor and shattering to pieces. So instead, I tried to turn the knob. To my surprise, the door was locked. Curling my hands into fists, I slammed them on the door. "Open up!" I shouted, growing more irritated by the seconds that ticked by. I was not given an answer.

Pressing my back against the wall, I pressed my feet against the door. Good thing the hall was tight. With as much force as I could, I kicked the door. Again and again, beating the door repeatatively until it came crashing down. "Bitch, when I say open the door, you open that fucking door." I snarled, the dust drifting away. I was shocked by the sight of blood drawn all over the walls. Thankfully, no one was dead. Jack and Jeff were simply frozen once I broke down the door, Jeff holding a knife to Jack's neck, and Jack a piece of glass to Jeff's back. I frowned.

"Put the weapons down." I ordered. Jack immediately dropped his shard of glass to the ground, but Jeff did not follow. Instead, he pointed the knife at me.

"You're a whore." He snarled at me, walking forward. "I fucking trusted you, I fucking loved you, and you go behind my back and kiss this son of a bitch? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HIS FACE LOOKS LIKE. God dammit Livia, I should fucking skin you alive right now." He spat at me.

I crossed my arms and shook my head lightly. "It wasn't like that."

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT LIKE?"

A sudden hand grabbed Jeff's arm. "Jeff, back off. It was my fault."

Jeff's head whiped around to Jack. His lips curled into a growl. "So it's your fault then? So I'm going to be skinning you alive? Are you that desparate to fucking force her into kissing you?" All of a sudden, he struck forward, the knife plunging into Jack's shoulder.

Jack snapped, completely. Since he dropped his glass, he clenched a hand into a fist and almost as a reaction punched Jeff squarely in his face. Jeff dropped to the floor, taken aback. Jack dropped as well, sitting on the floor with a knife in his shoulder.

Who did I go to first? Jack. Only because he was bleeding and there was a knife in his shoulder. Running over to him, I freaked at the sight of the knife that was plunged into his shoulder. Did I know what to do? Fuck no. "Leave it alone. I'll do it myself." Jack mumbled. He wasn't severely hurt, and besides he still had his other arm. He could take care of himself.

I crawled over the glass to Jeff, who now had a busted lip. My fingers touched his face gently, and his eyes stared at me as if he was looking at my soul.

"Don't touch me with those filthy hands." He growled at me.

Well, I wasn't taking shit from anyone, even if I was in love with them. Without a word, I got up and left the room. I went to the living room where Jaxon sat there waiting patiently for me. He seemed a lot better, there were no tears in his eyes since the crying had ceased. I took in a deep breath.

"Jaxon, pack your things. We're leaving. Or at least, you are. You can't stay here."