Birthdays (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I know, you have to study for your exam. I'll leave you to it." You told. Tobio gave you an apologetic look. He then waved to you and looked back at his notebook. You walked out of the library and walked down the hallways. You then turned a corner and bumped into Dark. Dark cried out as he fell to the ground. You looked at Dark and stood up. "Woops, sorry about that Dark." You apologised as you helped him up. Dark frowned and picked up his phone.

"You should really watch where you're going you know." You frowned.

"Me? You were the one who was on his phone not watching where they were going!" You then frowned when a thought came to you. "Hold on a minute, aren't you supposed to be on a mission?" Dark froze. He then whistled as he turned his head away.

"I-I, uh, n-no, of course not!" You raised your eyebrow at Dark. Dark sighed. "Okay, yeah I am. But one of the knights switched out with me! So, it's okay!" You sighed and shook your head. You then glanced at his phone and saw that he was texting someone.

"Hey, who are you texting?" You questioned. Dark grinned and smiled smugly.

"Oh, just some girl I met." You raised your eyebrow at Dark.

"A girl?" Dark nodded.

"Yeah! I've got the numbers of so many girls, including yours!" Your eyes widened.

"Wait a minute, how did you get my number!?" You cried. Dark grinned and showed you his contacts.

"Astro gave it to me. He said that I would need it in case I had to call you or something. Sadly I also have his, but I guess I could always just spam him with texts just to annoy him." Dark told while shrugging. You sighed in annoyance. Astro, that idiot. Why did he have to go ahead and give Dark your number? Dark then opened his calendar on his phone and showed it to you. "I've even got the birthdays of everyone. This phone is pretty sweet." You took Dark's phone and looked over at the birthdays. You then saw Astro's and your eyes widened.

"Astro has a birthday?" You questioned. Dark shrugged.

"Not really, he told me that he's never really needed to celebrate the day of his creation." Your eyes widened.

"Wait, so Astro has never had a birthday!?" You then looked at what date it was and your eyes widened. "His birthday is four days from now!" You cried. You then grabbed Dark by the shoulders and started shaking him. "We have to celebrate it!" Dark raised his eyebrow at you.

"Uh, but why? I mean it's not like he'll care if he has a birthday or not." You frowned.

"It's still a nice thing to do for him. I mean, we owe him so much! His creation SHOULD be celebrated!" You cried. Dark huffed and crossed his arms.

"And you're telling me this because...?" You grinned.

"Because you're going to help me." Dark's eyes widened.

"What!?" You crossed your arms.

"I think that this should be a surprise party. Dark, do you have the contacts of everyone in the white diamond knights and the black onyx knights and the king and the-" Dark held up his finger, signalling for you to be quiet.

"Yeah yeah, I get what you mean. And yes, I do have the numbers of pretty much everyone in the castle. But you wouldn't want to make this thing big, right?" You froze. Dark was right for once, you didn't want to make this thing too big, even if Astro deserved it. You then hummed in thought.

"So, I should just invite those closest to him?" You questioned. Dark nodded.

"Yeah, do you not know anything about birthday parties?" You frowned at him.