The return of the trials

Tobio opened his eyes and gasped. He then stood up and looked around in shock. Everything was pitch black! Tobio frowned and looked down. He couldn't even see the ground! Tobio looked around more until he saw the white diamonds pendant. The pendant hovered in front of Tobio, glowing softly.

"Hello, Tobio. We meet once again." Tobio's eyes widened.

"We've...met before?" Tobio questioned. The pendant glowed.

"Yes, indeed we have. You have attempted this trial before, but had failed and become a being in which misused my power for his own purposes and desires." Tobio frowned and rubbed his arm.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know why I would ever do such a thing." Tobio told. The pendant floated in front of him, staying silent for a moment. It then glowed even brighter.

"Then you shall redeem yourself. You shall take on this trial I am about to give to you and you will pass it. Am I made clear?" Tobio smiled and nodded.

"Yes, of course!" The pendant glowed.

"Good, now allow me to warn you for if you fail this trial, you shall revert back to your old self and you will never save the guardian of the black onyx. Will you still take on this trial?" Tobio nodded.

"Yes, of course! I can't just leave Y/N to die. I want to help her!" Tobio cried. The pendant floated towards Tobio.

"Then take hold of the pendant and begin your trial." Tobio nodded and took hold of the pendant. He then put it around his neck and watched as the pendant glowed a bright light. Tobio then looked around his surroundings and saw himself standing in the rain. Tobio frowned and cocked his head to the side. Why did he look so...sad? Tobio's eyes then widened when the scenery changed to him running out of a building and looking at some sort of bike. Tobio then watched as the other him got on the bike and drove away. The scene then changed to Tobio getting hit by a car and lying on the ground. Tobio's eyes widened in horror. He then watched as his father ran towards him and hugged him while crying. The scenery then changed again and Tobio saw another version of him begging his father to be with him. Tobio then growled when he saw that his father ignored his own son and watched as the other version of him ran away. Tobio then covered his mouth as the other version of him shared the same fate as the other Tobio. Tobio then watched with wide eyes as he watched other versions of himself get rejected by his own father and get killed in the process. Finally, after all of the scenes were over, Tobio fell to the ground in complete disbelief. He then heard footsteps approach him and looked up to see himself, except this Tobio had a long sleeved black shirt with a white T-shirt over it and wore white shorts with white boots and a small white scarf. His most noticeable features though was the other Tobio's pure white hair and his eyes were black with white pupils. The other Tobio held his hand out to Tobio.

"Those images you saw, they were terrible, weren't they?" The other Tobio questioned. Tobio nodded and stood up.

"Yeah, um, who are you?" Tobio questioned. The other Tobio smiled.

"I'm you. Well, what I used to be until Y/N saved me." The other Tobio then turned around. "What you're about to see...will be a lot more worse than what you've already seen." Tobio frowned. He then watched as the scenery changed. His eyes then widened when he saw a battle field with everything being on fire. He then saw one of your past lives standing on a wall with a sword in her hand and with the other Tobio standing behind her. Tobio watched with wide eyes as the two conversed. Tobio then watched with wide eyes as the other Tobio stabbed her in the chest. Tobio continued to watch with a horrified look at all the things he had done until he reached the scene where he tried to kill you. Once all of the scenes were over, Tobio fell to the ground.

"No way...I tried to kill Y/N...?" Tobio muttered in disbelief. The other Tobio nodded.

"Yes. We had tried to kill her, but she was far too strong." The other Tobio then grinned and held his hand out to Tobio. "This is why we need to use our power to make the timeline right. Y/N is now dead because of Dark, we have to make things right." Tobio shook his head.

"No, I've seen the way things turn out. It was OUR decisions that killed her so many times! I won't make the same mistake again. Now, give me the power of the pendant so that I can HELP Astro in saving Y/N!" Tobio shouted as he glared at the other Tobio. The other Tobio's eyes widened in shock. He then chuckled.

"I don't want to fight. I'll allow you this power, but only because it wouldn't matter in the end. Astro will get her, not us. You know that, right?" Tobio chuckled and nodded.

"Of course I do, but that doesn't mean that I'll give up just yet. I've still got a chance." The other Tobio grinned and took hold of Tobio's hand. The scenery around Tobio then went white.

Tobio's eyes snapped open to see Astro's worried look. Astro then smiled when he saw that Tobio was back.

"Tobio! Good, was it successful? Do you remember our plan?" Astro questioned as he helped Tobio up. Tobio shook his head of the memory of the trial and nodded.

"Y-yeah, I remember. I also remember all of the bad things I did..." Astro gave Tobio a look of sympathy. He then squeezed Tobio's shoulder in a comforting manner and smiled.

"Hey, it's okay. Y/N has already forgiven you for all of the things you did. And it's not like I'm any less guilty. I too had done some things that I'm not proud of, but we all get passed that. So, don't worry too much about it." Astro told. Tobio smiled and nodded.

"So, what about you? Did you pass?" Astro grinned and held up the pendant.

"Yep! With flying colours." Astro then gave Tobio a serious look. "Now, Ajeero and Reno should be done with the rings. We'd better hurry. There's no time to lose!" Astro exclaimed as he grabbed Tobio's hand and rushed off towards the lab.

Ajeero and Reno were putting the final touches on the ring when Astro and Tobio barged in. Ajeero jumped and dropped the ring. Reno gasped and caught it with his hand. The two boys then sighed in relief and glanced at Astro and Tobio.

"Good! I'm guessing you both passed the trials?" Ajeero questioned. Astro and Tobio nodded.

"Yeah! Considering Tobio isn't trying to kill me at the moment." Astro told. Tobio sweat dropped. He then glanced at the two boys.

"So, is the ring ready?" Tobio questioned. Ajeero and Reno nodded and handed Tobio the ring.

"Here it is. So, Astro. Are you really going to go back in time?" Reno questioned as he handed Tobio the ring. Astro nodded and watched as Tobio put on the ring.

"Yes, I need to save Y/N. I won't let things end like this." Astro told. Ajeero and Reno nodded. Astro then turned towards Tobio. "Are you ready?" Tobio nodded.

"Yeah, let's do this!" Astro smiled. He and Tobio then looked at each other and closed their eyes. They then held their pendants together. Ajeero and Reno watched with wide eyes as the pendants glowed and their lights mixed together. A magic circle then appeared underneath the two boys and a bright light filled the room. Ajeero and Reno covered their eyes from the light and opened them again when the light disappeared. Their eyes then widened when they saw that Astro had disappeared, leaving Tobio standing their looking exhausted. Tobio then smiled tiredly at the two boys.

"So, what now?" Ajeero questioned. Tobio sighed.

"Now, we wait."