The first day of school

You ran through the town ruins scenery with hurried breaths. You gripped the blade in your hands tightly as another monster approached you from afar. Once it was close enough, the monster slashed down at you. You jumped to the side and used your sword to slash the monster on the back. The monster fell over and disappeared into a puff of smoke. Your points then went up by 25.

You looked at your point count, which read 75 points and you smiled. You were almost there! You then ran off looking for more monsters.

Astro stood in the coliseum, watching your every move. He was confident that you were going to pass this time. If you didn't, then he would have to personally take it upon himself to train you well as the next guardian.

You came across another monster and you slid under it. You then used your sword to slash at it. Your sword tore through its legs, knocking it to the ground. You then climbed onto its head and pierced it in the eye. The monster writhed in pain and it finally fell to the ground, disappearing into a puff of smoke.

You dropped onto the ground and you heard the final bing for your points. You looked at the watch on your wrist and the biggest grin appeared on your face as your points went up to the final 100. You then heard the siren, signalling the end of the test.

The scenery around you disappeared completely, revealing the locations of all the other examinees. You looked across the arena and watched their faces. Some of them were crying tears of joy while others fell to the ground, either in disbelief or exhaustion. You then felt a tap on your shoulder and you turned to see a boy with dark skin and blue eyes. He smiled at you.

"Hey, you're the one who managed to convince the school to give us another shot, right?" You nodded. The boy smiled and grinned. "I wanna thank you for that. It's thanks to you that I got to have another chance and pass! I'm Kennedy." Kennedy introduced as he took out his hand for a handshake. You smiled and shook his hand.

"Y/n."

"Y/n!" You turned around to see Alejo running towards you with Astro following closely behind. Alejo then grinned and grabbed hold of your hands. "You did it! You passed!" He cheered. You happily laughed along side him when Astro rested a congratulatory hand onto your shoulder.

"Great work, you're now in the school."
Kennedy stared at Astro with wide eyes. Astro felt his eyes on him and he took notice of him. A look of familiarity flashed across his face and he opened his mouth in realisation. "Oh hey, I recognise you." Kennedy muffled his surprise and he took a step back.

"Y-You do!?" Astro nodded and he smiled at the star struck boy.

"Yeah! I saw you in the last exam. You were really good!" He praised. Kennedy continued to stare at Astro with a gaping mouth. He then rubbed the back of his neck as he turned to the side and he chuckled bashfully.

"Well, now that you're both in, let's get your uniforms ready." Your eyes widened.

"Uniforms?" Astro nodded.

"Yes, the school term starts tomorrow. You will be staying in the dorms at the academy." Astro informed. As he said this, his smile turned grim and he let out a defeated sigh. "Unfortunately I have to go, so I won't be able to welcome you into the school. A mission came up." You gave him a let down look and you slumped.

"Oh, that's too bad then." Astro saw your look of disappointment and his eyes widened. He then clenched his fists and he gave your shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"I'll see you when I get back, I promise!" He exclaimed. You beamed at him and you nodded. Astro matched your smile. He then leaned towards your ear. "Try to avoid telling anyone that you're the black onyx guardian." He whispered. Your eyes widened while Alejo caught wind of what he has said. The two of you then nodded together and you waved to Astro as he left. Kennedy then started squealing like a girl, which caused you and Alejo to whip your heads towards him.