A Castle Full of Stone

Steam bursted out of one of Reno's machines, and his teacher quickly closed the pipe. Reno then gave him an apologetic look.

"Sorry." His teacher, Mr Redcliff, waved off his apology with an energetic smile and he patted him on the back.

"Don't be. Every failure is a step towards success. And besides," he then gestured to the completed weapons laid out across the table. "After two days of work, we've finally accomplished our goal." Reno rubbed the bags under his eyes and he gave his eccentric teacher a tired thumbs up. In the corner of the room, Alejo was fast asleep with Abercrombie.

Sabrina balanced her pencil on her upper lip as she and Astro worked through multiple runes, studying them tirelessly. She then let her head drop onto the desk and she let out a long sigh.

"Seriously, isn't anything going to work? I thought I had this subject down pat!" Sabrina began to complain. Astro pushed aside the stacks of notes taken and he scratched his head.

"There's got to be something...." he mumbled. He then glanced back at the doors leading outside of the workshop, half expecting you to walk through them. 'She's been gone for so long. I really hope she's okay.' He thought quietly to himself. Light snores sounded to his right, and he saw that Sabrina had fallen asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a flash of light, you appeared in your dorm room and you landed on your bed. You carefully stepped off your bed and you stretched your arms high above your head.

"Ahh, it feels so good to be back. Where is everyone?" You asked yourself as you looked around the room. Everything was left as it was when you left. "They said they were doing some research, could they be in the engineering room?" You thought out loud as your eyes flickered over towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro sat quietly in the room as everyone slept, including the teachers. The machines had been turned off and all of the completed weapons sat neatly lined up on the table. He traced his finger along the handle of Sabrina's new sword as he studied the runes printed into the blade.

The doors then slid open, making him look back. You poked your head into the room and you spied your friends sleeping in the most oddest places. Your eyes then connected with Astro's wide ones, and you gave him a small wave.

"You're back!" He exclaimed and he rushed over to you. His loud voice had woken everyone up, and they looked up just in time to see him whisking you off your feet. Your lips stretched out into a beaming smile and you wrapped your arms around his neck while hugging him tightly. Alejo groggily rubbed his eyes while Reno cried out excitedly to you.

"Y/n! You actually made it back alive!" He exclaimed, earning himself a good look of disapproval from you.

"The trial wasn't going to kill me." You mentioned as Astro set you down on your feet. Reno shrugged his shoulders. Sabrina then walked over to you and surprisingly, she gave you a hug. You stiffened in her hold with wide eyes, before gladly settling into the hug.

"Oh! That reminds me." Reno began and he dragged you over towards the table of weapons. Everyone surrounded you as he placed a pistol in your hands while grinning with excitement. "What do you think?" You turned the gun over in your hands and you stared down at it with an open mouth.

"Woah, this is so cool! But why a gun?" Reno and Alejo's teacher, Mr Redcliff, picked up the second gun from the table and he opened up the hatchet on the back, giving you full view of the capsule inside of it.

"These guns are fired with anti-magic bullets. They're quite effective against the magical sort." He revealed. You made an 'ooh' sound as the others also wandered over to the table. Kennedy picked up the sword made for Sabrina and he showed it to you.