eight: sunshine

i ran up to the side of the pool and finn cannonballed into the water, creating a huge splash. i put my hands up as a useless defense to block the water.

"ah! finn!" i shrieked.

"are you coming in or not?" he asked.

i mentally counted to three in my head and jumped in. the water felt cold against my skin, but also refreshing at the same time. i came to the surface of the water to take a breath and i felt the warm sun hit my face. suddenly i felt something lift me up and before i new it, i was on finn's shoulders.

"finn. put me down."i giggled.

"no." he said and grasped my legs tighter. i squirmed around to try to get off but he was too strong. after a while i was out of breath from laughing so much and trying so hard, so i gave in. eventually he put me down and i swam away from him. he tried to get me back and for a while, he was just chasing me around in the water. that was until he finally caught up to my and picked me up bridal style. he stared into my eyes and i stared into his. i swear i saw him lean in a bit, but i quickly cleared my throat and broke eye contact before anything could happen. i knew he was going to try to kiss me. i saw him start to lean in. 

he stood there for a second still holding me, trying not to make eye contact.

"hey finn?" i asked.

"yeah?" he said with a little bit of hope in his eyes.

"could you maybe put me down?" i giggled. the hope in his eyes disappeared.

"uh. y-yeah. sorry." he said as he put me down and scratched the back of his neck.

"its fine" i replied and rubbed my arm. "do you want to get out?" i asked him.

he nodded his head and we went to where our towels were. we took a few minutes to dry off and then decided to head back inside to finn's room.

"you can spend the night if you want. you have let me spend the night before so i can return the favor."

"sure." she replied, "i just don't have a change of clothes." 

"oh here." he walked into his closet and pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and a large white t-shirt. he handed them to me. i thanked him and went back into the bathroom to change.

after i changed, i looked at the time for the first time that day. wow. it was already 4:00. time really does fly when you're having fun. i came out of the bathroom and finn was in a pair of sweats and a hoodie.

"so what are we doing now?" i questioned him.

"we could watch movies," he suggested.

"harry potter!" i blurted.

"ok. lets got to the theater in the basement."

"you have a theater in this house?" i was shocked. if i had this house, i would never go anywhere else. 

"yeah?" he replied unsure why i was so amazed.

"what don't you have in this house?" i heard him mutter something under his breath, but it was too quiet for me to understand. "what?" i asked.

"nothing." he smiled and i raised an eyebrow at him.

"come on. lets go." he said and got up leading me down the next flights of stairs.

what was this boy up to?