three: hide

Well that was it.

I knew who he was now and i knew I would definitely never see him again. At least I had the satisfaction of knowing who he was.

But I couldn't lie, I was a little annoyed that he didn't just tell me who he was in the first place.

More weeks went by and I had given up all hope of ever seeing him again. I went back to my normal routine of school and more school.

I was sitting on my couch watching thirteen reasons why (btw this show is so good and u should watch it), I heard a knock coming from the door. I groaned as I stood up and made my way over to the door. It was around 12:00 am and my dad was working the night shift again.

I opened the door and was stunned to see a tall, curly-haired stranger. Well not stranger, standing in front of me,"

"Y/n, hi," he whispered and smiled at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Shhh. I need a place to hide again. The girls are after me. Can I just come in please?" he panicked.

"I-i guess," i said hesitantly.

"Thank you!," he said as he slammed the door and leaned his back against it.

I could hear muffled screams of girls calling out which way they thought he went.

"Wanna watch tv with me?" I suggested as I sat back down on the couch and resumed my show.

"Sure," he replied and took a seat next to me.

We sat there watching the show for a few minutes until I decided to pause it. He looked over at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know who you are, so you can stop acting like I don't," I blurted.

"Oh ok. So you know my name then?,"

"Yes, finn,"

"Do you still like me?"

"Of course I do. And I want to still be your friend."

"Ok y/n. Just don't try to use me for fame," he joked.

"Ha! like I want to be famous," I chuckled.

"What's so bad about being famous," he asked in confusion.

"What do you mean? Your whole life is publicized and people know what you are doing all the time. You can't go to the fucking movies without being attacked by a mob of fans,"

"Well, I guess. But it's kinda fun," he smirked, "plus if I wasn't famous, I would have never met you."

He gave me a toothy smile before grabbing the remote and turning the tv back on. I smiled to myself.

he was so different than any of the other boys. But at that point I didn't know what it was about him. I would only hope to find out.

We watched another episode in silence and then my phone rang. My eyes widened at the text I had just gotten.

In messages

Dad
I'm on my way up to the
room. Unlock the door
for me.

Y/n
Ok

Out of messages

"You need to hide now," I panicked.

"What? Why?" He asked getting a little nervous.

"My dad is on his way up,"

I grabbed his arm and dragged him to my room where I pushed him into the closet and closed the door.

"Stay here. And don't make a noise," I commanded. He only nodded his head in response.

My dad was pretty chill. But when it came to boys, he wasn't. With my last boyfriend, it took him a very long time to warm up to him and after he broke my heart, he said that if any other boy tried to hurt me again, he would find them. I didn't know if he was joking or being serious, but I thought it was best not to find out.

I ran to the door and opened it just as my dad was standing there.

"Hey dad," I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi y/n. They ended up not needing me at work tonight. That's why I'm home."

"Ok,"

"But Im really tired so I'm going to sleep on the couch."

I nodded my head and clasped my hands behind my back. I was nervous that Finn would be stupid and make a noise and my dad would find him. But thankfully, that didn't happen. My dad eventually fell asleep on the couch.

I headed back to my room and opened the closet door. Finn stumbled out and came to sit next to me on my bed.

"So..." he started, "do you want me to leave? Because I can ca—"

"No it's fine. You can spend the night if you want. My dads a really light sleeper so if you walked in there he would probably wake up."

"Ok thanks." He said awkwardly and played with his hands on his lap.

"I'll get blankets to set up a bed on the floor,"

Finn nodded his head and I walked into the laundry room next to my room and pulled out some blankets. I also grabbed a pair of my dads large pj bottoms for Finn to wear.

I walked back into the room and tossed the pants to Finn.

"What is this," he asked.

"You want to sleep in your jeans?"

"No. Thanks," he smiled.

I began to set up the blankets while Finn changed in the bathroom.

He walked out a minute later and I had finished setting up the bed.

"You Can sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the floor." I said as I plopped down on the pile of blankets.

"No. This is your bed you can sleep in it. I'll sleep on the floor." Finn insisted.

"Come on finn. You're the guest," I smiled.

Without saying a word, he walked to the bed I made on the floor and lied down with his head on the pillow.

I sighed and got up to my bed and slid under the covers.

15 minutes passed and I couldn't fall asleep. I knew finn was still awake too because he kept tossing and turning.

"Finn?" I whispered.

"Yeah y/n?,"

"You Can sleep up here if you want." I squeezed my eyes shut and prepared for him to say no.

"S-Sure," a wave of relief rushed over me as he made his way to my bed and slid under the covers next to me.

"Goodnight finn," I smiled.

"Goodnight y/n." He whispered.

It didn't feel weird to sleep next to him. It felt comforting and protected. It was a feeling that I liked and could have gotten used to.

And that's exactly what I did.