Chapter 8

Chapter 8

With one look Leo and I were scrambling down the tree. The unspoken words burned into my mind. Jesse. Our feet were running the second they hit the grassy earth that covered the dirt in the woods. The only thought in my mind as I was running was 'What the hell happened? Is he ok?' To be honest, I was scared.

I felt a warm hand clasp around mine and I looked at Leo and smiled. He returned my smile reasuuringly as if saying that everything will be ok. I needed that, that smile that calmed me down and allowed me to think clearly.

Suddenly I stopped pulling Leo back towards me. "What's wrong Liz?" he asked his eyes filled with concern. "I don't recognize this place, I've been coming here since I was little. I know these woods like the back of my hand..." I said looking around hoping to find some sort of marking that I would recognize. Something about the place we were seemed a little off. Almost as if the woods got darker and more eerie. "Is it just me, or does it seem like the the trees are closing in on us?" Leo looked at me looking slightly scared as if he was trying to hide it. Nodding, I grab Leo's hand again and run. We are lost already, I mean we can at least try and get out of here some way. These woods have to end somewhere right?

My phone plays 'Never Gonna Be Alone' by Nickelback and I answer knowing it had to be Jesse since the only other person with that ringtone was running right beside me. "Hey! We were sooo worried! Are you ok? Why did you scream? Where-" I started but was cut off by a rough voice. "Shut up! God you talk a lot. Jesse is fine. In fact, he is right here beside me!" it sounded like a man's voice. "What do you want with Jesse? What has he done to you?" yelled Leo, I didn't even realize he had his head pressed to the other side of the phone. "Oh! I see Leo is there with you too! I was actually trying to get him, but all I saw was Jesse. He will do just fine though." I could hear anusement in his voice. That pushed me over the edge.

"Where the hell did you take Jesse and who the hell are you? We will find you and take Jesse back!" I was so mad now. Who would do this?

"Calm yourself child. How can you get him when you are lost in the woods? Yes, I know all about that! I don't know I think Jesse and I will have a little but of fun while you try and fail to find my whereabouts."

"No! Tell me where he is!"

"Hm... I'll think about it.. but in the meantime..." I heard another scream identical to the one Leo and I heard when we were in the tree. "Leo! Lizzy! Help me!!! He has me trapped in this-" I heard a slap and I cringed. That sounded hard. "Till next time!" the line went dead. I stood frozen unable to move or even breathe. Someone had Jesse and we had to get him back! What did they want with him? He never did anything to anyone!!

I felt my phone being lifted from my hand. I still couldn't move. Fear was slowly creeping into my body as the woods got darker and darker. Soon it would be night and was wouldn't be able to see two feet infront of us! My heart began to race and my breath finally came out in short pants. God I hate panic attacks.

Two strong arms reached around me pulling me into Leo's chest. I buried my head in his chest as he calmed me down. I looked up at Leo and he smiled at me but his eyes betrayed him. He was as scared as I was. As if reading my mind, Leo looked me in the eyes and said, "We will find him, no matter what we have to do".

**************************************************************************************************************************

HEY! I was going to update this weekend, but..... I didn't have anything else to do so I decided to upload the next chapter! Did you guys expect that? Is it "juicy" enough for you? :P ;) Tell me what you think!!!

THanks,

Mount Emerist