Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Jado Potato (my sis)

Chapter 6

"G-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s yea G-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s, we flying first class up in the sky, popping champaign living the life in the fast lane I won't change oh the glamorous..." we sang to Fergie's Glamorous. All three of us will break it down anytime we hear a Fergie song. Its kinda our thing. We were heading back to What was left of my house to see if there is anything I can keep. Jesse and Leo were both really supportive telling me how it wouldn't be that bad but I knew that secretly they were thinking that it was going to be terrible. I'd be amazed if anything was left by the sound of it. "We interrupt this radio station for a news update. There has been a tragic fire at 117 Mulberry Lane in this area. The house caught on fire when the fireplace was left unattended. The curtains happened to be too close and the fire spread quickly. There was nothing anybody could do about it. There was two bodies found but they do not belong to Mr. And Mrs. Deffron who live there. The whereabouts of the couple are unknown. Their daughter Elizabeth was taken out of school early this morning. Nobody has seen her since. That is all thank you." The car was quite. You couldn't even hear anyone breath. My parents didn't die? Where did they go? Who were the two people that were inside my house when the fire started? A million questions chased themselves inside my head and I was getting a headache. Leo reached over and grabbed me hand rubbing reassuring circle into the back of it. Jesse reached up and squeezed my shoulder to let me know that he was there for me. "Liz, you ok?" Leo looked at me with a sad smile. All I could do was nod for I knew that if I tried to talk my voice would crack and I would start crying again. I let out a sigh, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they were talking about.

********************************************

There was flashing lights everywhere. It looked like a crime scene. We got out of the car and were instantly swarmed my police and news reporters. I couldn't see anything past them. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" I pushed past the police officer and he grabbed my arm. "Hey get off of her" Leo came and backed me up. "What are you gonna do bout it?" the officer asked with a sneer. "Let her through! This is her fuckin house anyway. You guys are the ones who aren't supposed to be here. Her name is Elizabeth Deffron and she's too nice to tell you to fuck off and leave her the fuck alone. She is having a hard day without you. So if you know whats good for you, I would back the fuck off and let the girl see the remains of her house." Jesse said stepping up and getting right in the officer's face. I was surprised he didn't taze Jesse. The officer was stunned. I don't think anyone ever did anything close to that to him. On a regular day I might have laughed at the look on his face. He stepped aside still looking dazed this time I smirked and Jesse and Leo high-fived. "Thank you." I said as I passed.

Word must have gotten out because as I was walking everyone parted making a clear and straight path through the middle. We stopped right at my front door, well where my front door should have been. I felt an arm around my waist and I looked up to see Leo smiling encouragingly at me. I gave him a watery smile. Looking over at Jesse, his face had horror and hurt written all over it. He loved this house probably more than Leo and I combined. His parents have always been yelling at each other. He would always be welcome in my house.

Leo let go of my waist and I walked over to Jesse. Just seeing the look on my best friends face was what pushed the tears over the edge. Jesse looked up at my face and he broke too. I grabbed him and pulled him into a tight embrace. He didn't hesitate and hugged me back.

We looked up when we felt another set of arms around us. Leo was standing right next to us crying as well. All of our memories, are lost, forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!! Long time no write!! I am sooo sorry for not updating anything for the longest time! I moved to Florida and got here about a week ago. I have been helping my family unpack and go shopping and what not. I hope you don't hate me!!!

Ok so you don't know what is in the top floor on the treehouse yet... :) any ideas? Remember it is something that will keep them safe. In the next chapter, I will describe the house and how much damage has been done. Is it burned is it ground? Are there some remains? Well I guess you will find out!

My next upload will probably be in about like a week. We still have stuff to do and family comes first. I will also be writing a new story. I don't know the title yet... So once I post one chapter or so help me out!! :)

Thanks and vote comment and if you like it, love it, or hate it, let me know!!

MountEmerist