Chapter 5

• Dedicated to London

Chapter 5

"Oh my god!! Leo you know I've always wanted a treehouse! Why didn't you tell me about this??" I was grinning from ear to ear. It was beautiful! The wood was dark brown and it looked amazing against the dark green leaves that surrounded it. We were standing in the middle of a clearing in front of a treehouse that was about 10 feet up a tree. There was a rope ladder hanging down and before Leo or Jesse could say anything I grabbed it and started climbing. "Lizzy, I don't think that is such a good idea, I haven't been up there for 5 years! Lizzy!" Leo grabbed the ladder and was now climbing up after me. He found me standing in the middle of the floor with my mouth open on awe. It was amazing! There was two stories and it was HUGE! This was like my dream treehouse! On the inside, there was a small satellite tv in one of the corners with an old love seat in front of it. The walls were a faded blue and it looked good against the brown wood. There was a cooler in one of the other corners and when I opened it I found old cans of coke. There was a table on the left side and chairs to go with it. It was so cozy and had the homey feeling to it I could live here... "Omigosh Leo! I just had the most amazing idea!! There is everything in here besides a bathroom and a kitchen, what if I lived here? I could put a bed on the top floor and it would be perfect!" I turned and frowned at Leo's face. By then Jesse had joined us and he heard my new idea. "Liz, you don't even know what the second floor looks like and I don't like the idea of you living here in the woods in the middle of no where alone. I'm sorry but I am not having my girlfriend stay here." I looked towards Jesse hoping that he will agree with me and not Leo. No such luck. "I agree with Leo, sorry Liz." he looked down when he saw my expression. I gave out a frustrated sigh and turned towards the ladder that lead to the second floor. "Jesse! Leo! Come up here! This is amazing!!" they came running and quickly climbed the ladder. "Oh my god" they said in unison and I laughed. "You could have told us this was up here!" Jesse said as he punched Leo in the arm. I looked at Leo and my smile faded. "Babe what's wrong?" I asked as I walked over to him and held his hands in front of us. He had a faraway look in his eyes like he was deep in thought about something. "Earth to Leo! Hello up there!" Jesse knocked on Leo's skull and it snapped Leo back to reality. "Sorry, it's just that I didn't know what was up here. Dad was working on something when I was a kid and I never got to come up here. He promised he would let me once it was finished but I thought he never finished it so I didn't come up here. But I guess he did finish it after all." he looked stunned and if I was in his shoes, I probably would too. Leo's father had died when he was in 8th grade. His stunned face turned into sorrow. I gave him a sympathetic smile and pulled him into a hug. "Thanks Liz" he whispered into my ear. I just nodded into his chest.

********************************************

When we were all standing outside of the treehouse, I asked the question again. "So... Can I stay here? This place has everything and you know I'll be safe now. Please??" I gave them the puppy dog eyes and I felt so childish but hey if it worked then it worked. Leo looked at Jesse with a pained look on his face. Jesse shrugged to indicate that it was all up to Leo. He sighed dramatically and said, " I still don't think you should live here all by yourself, but I know you can take care of yourself. I don't have to worry about you being safe after what my dad built and there is everything here now... I guess you can but you are not gonna live here alone." I ran and hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you!!!" I was laughing and doing my happy dance. I stopped mid-dance and frowned. "Wait, who's supposed to live here with me?" Leo and Jesse looked at each other and grinned. "Us!" they exclaimed together and we started laughing. "You guys would do that for me? Thank you!!!" I gave them both bear hugs. I really loved these guys I knew they had my back and they knew I had theirs. "This is going to be awesome!" we laughed and did our handshake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what was upstairs? Let me know what you think and the person who get it right will get the next chapter dedicated to them!Finally a semi-long chapter! Sorry for the shortness of the others they were fillers and I didn't know what to wrote about. What do ya think? Like? Love? Hate? Let me know!

Thanks Mt. E