Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Brandon

When I walk into Mr. Speck's classroom, Leo gets up and hugs me. We were in the front of the classroom and I could feel everyone's eyes on us. I didn't care, this wasn't the first time people thought we were dating. Mr. Speck just looked at us and continued class. "Lizzy, what's wrong?" Leo's blue eyes looked at me worriedly. He could see the tears stains on my cheeks. I don't cry often, so he knew something was up. "Elizabeth, tell me what's wrong. Who did this too you?" I couldn't look at him he was my best friend and my parents loved him like another son. How could I tell him that my parents died? He loved them as much as I did. More tears began to run down my face and he let me cry. He pulled me closer and walked out of the room. Once we were out of the classroom, he picked me up bridal style and carried me to his car. "Lizzy, what is it? Why are you crying?" he had sat me down on his lap so my head was buried in his neck. I lifted my head up and wiped my tears. I had to tell him sooner or later so I might as well get it over with now. I sighed and took a deep breath. He was not going to take this well.

"Lizzy! I'm so sorry!! I know how close you and your parents were! What are you going to do now? Where are you gonna go?" he finally said after a minute of silence. I had started crying again and all I could do was shrug my shoulders. He held me in his arms again. "I love you" he breathed in my ear. I smiled, Jesse had always told me Leo liked me. "I love you too" I whispered back. I meant it and I didn't want him to ever let go of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short chapter. I don't like it for some reason but I don't have time to rewrite it. Anyway comment!!

Thanks Mt. E