⌜ twenty eight ⌟

Start from the beginning

neither can you.❞ mark took a step nearer towards her ❝you left chan at my doorway, you left me alone taking care of our son.❞ mark paused and tapped his chin as if he is thinking of something ❝or should i say my son.

that's why i'm here to fix everything!

well i'm sorry, you are too late.❞ mark gave her the most sweetest smile he could pull off.

the girl clenched her hands, digging her nails through her palms. ❝i will get him by force then.

mark froze ❝what

eun ji raised her head, gaining confidence to look at mark ❝i will take chan.

you can't do that.

what if i can?❞ she giggled like a crazy person

why are you doing this?❞ mark wondered why now? why did she just suddenly appear? why now when he finally has someone who can be chan's parent?

she was the reason why mark's life was ruined. his family kicked him out for having a child with someone he barely knew, and where was she when that happened? she was no where. mark did try to find her but again, she was no where to be seen.

but he does have to thank her for giving chan. without chan, he wouldn't know what it's like to love, care, and adore someone. without chan, he wouldn't be close with donghyuck. he would just know donghyuck as his seatmate, not as the person that with complete his family.

he was happy that chan came to his life.

but just when his life was getting better, this girl just have to appear again and ruin it.

why does she have to destroy everything?

mark, i know you'll be mad at me..❞ she started to explain

i already am.

she took a deep breath, ignoring what mark said. ❝i was planning on selling chan.

what the fuck!?

the both of them turned their gaze at the front door showing three familiar faces and one of them looked like they got beat up.

hey don't curse.❞ renjun said as he nudged jaemin

renjun? what happened to you?❞ mark stared worriedly at his friend

renjun was about to explain but looks like jaemin beat him to it ❝apparently this girl forced him to tell her where chan is. by forced i mean she really beat him up.

jeno got inside the house, he wanting to punch the girl's face ❝you are fucking lucky that our renjun doesn't hit girls.❞ jeno smirked ❝too bad, i do.

wait jeno, don't.❞ jaemin ran up and held jeno's shoulder to stop him from doing anything illegal.

she hurt our renjun!

jaemin smiled ❝we'll make her suffer in a different way.

the girl shivered in fear and held mark's wrists ❝mark, just please give me chan.

mark then furrowed his brows ❝you're asking me to give you my son so that you'll sell him? are you crazy?

my family needs the money, mark. someone's going to kill us if we don't pay our debts.

jaemin raised a brow ❝how about finding a job? why do you need to sell your son and what the heck, are you out of your mind? selling your son? is that even legal?

is that even a question?

there's not enough time.❞ the girl explained ❝we only have 2 days to find money.❞ she tugged mark's uniform ❝mark, please.

mark slapped her hands away ❝no! i won't give chan to you!

she was about to force him but a voice stopped her from saying anything.

that's her,❞ they all turned to the door and saw chenle with two men wearing black suits beside him. ❝get her.

wait!❞ the two men wearing black suits held both of her arms ❝mark!

mark didn't even plan on helping her. she was crazy, at least that's what he thought. who would sell their child just to pay a debt? that's just not right.

how did you get here?❞ renjun, who was standing next to chenle, questioned

the younger waited for his men to bring the girl out of the house before replying to renjun.

someone called me.❞ chenle then frowned ❝what happened to your face?

jeno clicked his tongue ❝she beat him up.❞ he then turned to chenle ❝can i hurt her?

chenle shrugged ❝as much as i want you too, you can't hurt girls.

who the fuck invented that rule?❞ jeno was pissed off by that

jaemin chuckled at his boyfriend and gave him a peck on the lips. ❝stop cursing.

chenle wanted to vomit right there when he saw the two kissing but it would be rude. he just diverted his attention to mark who was standing silently, maybe processing what just happened.

uncle lele!❞ chan went down the stairs and ran towards chenle and hugged his knees. ❝thank you for getting rid of that lady!

renjun walked nearer towards mark and poked him. ❝hey, you good?

mark nodded his head as a no ❝what just happened?

that just happened.❞ renjun giggled, regretted doing it as his face was in pain

are we going to see her again?❞ the baby questioned, not wanting to hear a yes.

chenle ruffled the baby's hair ❝no.. i don't think so.

i don't want her to be my mother. i don't want her to replace papa. i don't like her! she is bad for baby chan!❞ the baby cried

jaemin then carried the baby ❝sshh, no one is going to replace your papa hyuck.

renjun..❞ mark remembered something that made his heart ache

renjun just hummed, smiling at the scene where jaemin is carrying the baby.

donghyuck said he doesn't want to be part of the family..

⎯⎯⎯⎯
did i do the right thing or..