Prologue Two

___
ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
___

This is the day, the day Taehyung and I have been planning for the past year. Today is the day we were planning to escape this hell.

___

I began packing my things, it was only a small amount but I got what i needed. I shoved everything I had into a small bag and threw it over my shoulder and headed to Taehyung's room. Before I left, I looked at my room one last time thinking to myself, "If all goes well, this is the last time I'll ever see you." I tried to take in the fact that I'm finally escaping this place, it was just all so overwhelming. I took one last breath before I left the room and walked out of the room.

I sneaked over to Taehyung's room making sure no one saw me, when I arrived I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have this man in my life. He's the only one that has made me smile, the only one that has been able to cheer me up in the matter of seconds. He noticed me sneaking into his room and flashed his boxy smile. I felt my face heating up.

___

Whenever I see him I can feel my heart flutter, my legs go wobbly, and I can hardly breathe, he's just so breathtaking. I've a crush on him ever since I first saw him. He was the first one to actually care, the first one to make me smile. His bubbly personality, his caring manner, how he always pays mind to my feelings in every situation, only he can make me smile, only he can make me feel truly happy. He's the only one to have ever made me feel happiness ever since my parents died.

Today we were finally running away from the orphanage. My plan is to tell him how I feel when we get to the big oak tree, right where the countryside (where we live) and the city meet. I'm hoping he doesn't reject me, and even if he does I hope our friendship isn't ruined. I wouldn't be able to live without him.

"You ready to go Kookie?" Taehyung said pulling out the jar of money we've been saving for the past year and dumped it into his backpack.

"Hyung, I'm ready lets go!" I smiled brightly.

Taehyung walked over to me smiling brightly and ruffled my hair, "Let's go then!"

I felt my heart beat out of control but I followed him out of the room and we stood at the top of the steps, waiting for downstairs to quiet down so we could run out without notice.

___

When it finally quieted down, Taehyung and I looked at each other before taking a deep breath while looking towards the bottom of the steps.

Then I saw it. The door the cook uses to throw out the trash, Taehyung and I looked at each other one last time before nodding in agreement.

We bolted towards the door, right before it closed we sprinted outside running as far as we could before we ran out of breath. I could hear people screaming our names, telling us to come back, but I felt so free there's no way in hell I'll ever go back.

The cold air finally hit my face and before I realised it we were already at the oak tree. The tree I wanted to confess my feelings towards Taehyung at. It seems to early. I can't do it yet, I'll wait until were in Seoul, in a comfy hotel room.

Taehyung grabbed my hand which snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked towards him and he was smiling the brightest I've ever seen.

"We're finally free."