Chapter 11: The kiss of death

Timmy's POV:

My heart stopped beating as my eyes widened at the shaky gun that is pointed directly at me. His eyes softened when he noticed my luggage. "Are you a runaway?" He whispered, but he still held his gun out to me, as he darted his eyes from side to side. My words were stuck in my throat. I couldn't say anything to him, fear took a whole different meaning when his gun shakily. He cursed. "Come with me then..." No I couldn't...

He took some of my luggage in his hand and beckoned me to run with him. I had no choice then... I quickly looked back towards the apartment, and my heart lodged itself in my throat. Was I making the right decision? I shook it off when the feeling of Allen's lips on mine flashed through my eyes. Its worth the leave. I continued to run with him through the dark corners of my neighborhood.

Corners where I remembered as a child my nan used to warn me not to go to. I gulped when I froze in my step as I stared at the warning sign on the gate. The stranger in front of me looked over his shoulder, "come on!" I shook my head at him defiantly. I couldn't do it, I began to take a few steps back again. But froze when I heard a click and looked up to see the same gun pointed straight at me.

"If you don't follow, I will not hesitate to shoot." He whispered, which made me gulp, I never should have left the house in the first place, the entire time that I followed him I could hear nan's hoarse and throaty voice chiding me. Over and over again but I forced myself to push that aside. I already let myself chicken out once, i'm not going to do it again.

I saw this man as an opportunity. An opportunity to escape the life that I once had, and use this as a chance to become a new Timmy. A braver, and stronger Timmy. When we finally reached a dark corner, the man put the luggage down as he leaned back on the wall with his hands on his knee caps. I too, hunched over, and tried to catch my breath.

It's been a long time since I last ran like that and for that reason alone, I remember why I hated P.E. I had a hard time controlling my breathing. "Hey...what's the name kid?" He gruffed out hoarsely. I arched an eyebrow at him, a name? I was about to part my lips and say it when I suddenly felt compelled to not to. I wanted a new name, a different one.

"Look, once you hang around me, your old life is gone, you can pick yourself a new name if you want." He winked with a half smirk etched onto his face. A new name? My heart hammered against my chest, as I hesitated to reply..."My name is Tim." I said firmly, his eyes twinkled against the moonlight mischievously. "Pleased to meet you Tim, the name is Grant." He mused as he took out his hand, big mistake.

He pushed me forward to his chest, he's going to kill me.

I watched way too many horror movies to know the truth. I gulped low and hard in my throat, as his slow and uneven breaths rose the hairs on my neck, "sorry about this." He whispered before I felt something hard hit the back of my neck, and I was met with the darkness.

By the time I blinked my eyelids slowly open...I wish I hadn't. I moaned as I moved my arm to shield my face. "Looks like somebody is up."

"He's pretty tubby for his age."

"Let's not be mean now."

I bolted half way up and my eyes widened when 3 men stood around me curiously and 12 other men stood around the living room floor. All of them were staring me down. I wanted to leave now...leaving the house was a big mistake on my part. I should have never stayed. I tried to writhe my way out of the couch before the 3 men who were around me kept a firm hold on me.

"Not so fast now...you ain't goin' no where unless boss says."

Boss?

What the hell did I get into? "I need to go home." I cried out to them. "Please let me leave! I have nothing that you want!" I cried out to them the more I struggled to get out of their arms. Please...I whimpered. "Its not us that wants you to stay here its the boss whatever he says goes." He whispered to me softly. Bullshit.

"Let him go." Almost at once, everyone did. My eyes narrowed down at the man that threatened my life the other day. "I'm Grant as you now already, and those beezlebubbs that strapped you down are Marvin, Chase, and Theo." He whispered as he approached me with slow and hesitant footsteps.

"Guys...disperse." Grant ordered and they did. Now it was just Grant and I left in the room. I didn't know what to do or say to him so I just sat there and did nothing, I even said nothing about it. I wasn't about to put my life on the line just by saying something or doing something that might anger him. It wasn't reasonable.

"Tim. What I am willing to offer you only happens once, men all over the world will kill to be in your position. But I see something in you...I see something different. And I want to offer this to you because I have high hopes for you Tim. Do you understand?"

No I didn't. I wanted to scream.

I shook my head, pretending to understand. "Don't lie to me." He grumbled out before shoving my shoulder lightly. "I don't understand." I whispered ashamed. His eyes softened as he took a strand of my hair and twirled it around in his fingers.

"You will in time." He mumbled to me...I wasn't so sure if I were willing to. But as of right now, things weren't very clear. "I need to tell you something. But in order for me to tell you this, you need to do a deal with me."

A deal? I wasn't too sure if I were willing enough to explore those dangerous premises. I should have never left the apartment.