Chapter 43 - Goodbye

Tatiana Kamerie

I landed in New York with a lot of paparazzi shoving their cameras and mics to my face. They asked me a tons of question about my relationship with Deandre. I just wore my sunglasses and let my bodyguards shoved them away. I got into the car and asked my chauffer to go straight to my dad's office.

It has been 2 months since I stayed in Bora-bora but now I'm ready to comeback to the reality after running away for awhile. I checked my notifications and decided to ignore everything related to me on the news.

As soon as I arrived at my dad's place.. there's a lot of police. It made me confuse and I walked into the building. I pressed the lift button and when the lift door opened.. my dad was arrested.

"Dad! What happened?" I asked completely confuse about the situation. My dad looked at me with hate and anger.

"Dad!" I called but the police shove me to the side. I ran towards my dad again and tried to stop the police from bringing him away.

"Dad.. what happened?" I asked.

"Ask your husband!" He bursted like a maniac and the police dragged him away. I was speechless and ran out to talk to my dad but the police already push him inside the car. I called my lawyer Rector right away to know what's wrong.

"Yes, Ms. Kamerie."

"What happen to my dad? Why is he arrested?"

"Mr. Romeo.. he.. took out his parents' murder case out and file it to the court again." Rector said and my body froze. I was speechless.

"Do you know about this?"

"I just knew about it yesterday, maam."

"Meet me at the office." I said and ended the call. I took a really deep breath and can't believe this is happening. I decided to call Crystal.

"Hello."

"Crystal.. Deandre is-"

"I know. I heard the news this morning." She said in a sad tone.

"What's going on?" I asked completey clueless.

"Where are you? I'll go there and tell you everything." She said and my brain won't function. I found myself putting the phone down and I tried to walk towards the lift. My legs were too weak to keep me stand straight. I leaned to the wall and Crystal called me again but I turned off the phone. I pressed the lift button and walked into the lift.

"Tatiana!" Crystal stopped the door from closing with her hand. She looked at me sadly and I bursted out crying when I saw her. She hugged me right away and pressed the office floor.

"I'm sorry." She said as she patted my back and I cried big time. I can't believe my dad did that to Deandre's parents. She lead me to my dad's office and I sat on the sofa. She tried to calm me down and gave me tissues.

"What happen actually?" I asked while sobbing and she just hugged me.

"Crystal." I want explaination.

"I don't think it's my place to tell you the truth." She said.

"You need to tell me something.. I'm the dumbest person here!" I bursted and she sighed.