21: Sleepover

Sara heard whispers going on around her and grudgingly peered open her eyes. She let her eyes settle in on the wafts of curly Afro hair sitting cross-legged on the bed and playing with his toys. He was oblivious to her gaze watching him as he conversed between his toy soldiers, giving out orders they were only too happy to comply. Two soldiers ran into enemy territory stealthily, gauging the army. The fortress for General badness was the pillow and the fat green frog was only too happy being general. His minions consisted of blue pig, green Godzilla and the purple elephant. The soldiers were obviously no match for this troop.

Commander Freddie shouted out orders and the remaining four soldiers ran to join their counterparts. Soon, the army truck moved in over the fortress and the pillow was thrown towards the foot of the bed. General Frog was now very angry. He sent out blue pig and purple elephant and the army easily knocked them out. Their destination was also at the foot of the bed. Right now, General Frog was furious. He ordered Godzilla to go fight his battle. Four soldiers were killed, and two injured. The army truck was hit and Sara watched in horror as Freddie threw the truck towards the foot of the bed but it rolled off instead and hit the ground with a smash. Freddie's eyes popped open and his gaze collided with Sara's.

"That was an accident," he stated, pointing to the direction.

She nodded siting up on the bed. "I think that happens quite often."

He blinked at her words as though in thought but his focus was back on the battlefield as soon as he realized he couldn't decipher what she meant.

Godzilla had used the lack in concentration to kill one more soldier, leaving Commander Freddie and one injured soldier. In pain, Commander Freddie sent the soldier home and fought back bravely. Soon Godzilla was among the pile at the foot of the bed. General Frog huffed and puffed until he was red. He turned to attack but was no match for the commander.

"Your evil days are over, General frog. Commander Freddie has won!" Freddie declared. Frog was only too happy to join the pile.

Freddie jumped out of the bed, holding his cuddly soft puppy toy in his hands which he held high above his head, chanting. "Freddie the puppy has saved the day, Freddie the puppy has saved the day!"

It was a victorious battle! Freddie and the puppy also named 'Freddie' had fought bravely and won.

She watched him hopping from one foot to the other and she was drawn to the period when she was pregnant, and whenever he could, Lucas always read to her and his son, taking out time to use socks and ties to act it out. It was like having her own cinema with her own actors. She had enjoyed it thoroughly and he had promised he would act it out for their son once he was born. To see Freddie mimicking him brought tears of joy to her eyes.

"Are you hungry, Sara?" Freddie asked suddenly, snapping her back to reality. He was no longer jumping about as he was now piling the toys into his hand held truck. It was certain his many toys were not allowed to sleep in his bedroom.

She nodded, climbing down from the bed. She reached out to straighten her weave-on which must now be looking like a birds nest. She dragged her gown down to look presentable at the very least, after changing from the sweatshirt and pants Lucas had lent her earlier. Freddie left to go drop his truck in his playroom and ran back in to pull her along with him out of the room and down the stairs.

To her dismay, she was informed by the maid that Lucas was not yet back even though it was already late. She needed to go home, she frowned looking at Camilla who was busy setting up dinner, and at Freddie who was quick at her heels. Sara shook her head in amusement as he definitely got this mannerism from his father.

She was still standing in the massive living room, anxiously glancing at her watch waiting for Lucas to walk through the door. Didn't he say he would be back in time for her to leave? Camilla walked into the living room and asked quietly.