Chapter 4

Jungkook

Jungkook had his head hung low as he heard Jimin-Hyung sobbing uncontrollably with Namjoon-Hyung and two other people by his side. The moment Jungkook had relayed the strange incident the next morning, Jimin-Hyung had been utterly destroyed. Namjoon immediately called over Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi, surprisingly all of them familiar with one another, the two other members of the "BTS" group, who instantly crowded around Jimin the second after they greeted Jungkook with familiarity. 

"He hates me! He's gonna hate me!" Jimin wailed causing Jungkook to hang his head lower. 

"Sh...Jimin-ah, he doesn't hate you," Yoongi-Hyung soothed. 

"Yes he does! I'm so stupid! I can't believe he found out, and now he's going to ignore me because I'm stupid and he won't let me comfort him and apologize 'cause I was so dumb and he's gonna shut me out and I'm breaking down in Jungkookie's house because I'm so emotional and stu-"

"If you say you're stupid one more time, Park Jimin, I swear I will leave right this instant. Nobody talks like that about you, even if it's your own words," Yoongi-Hyung  interrupted Jimin's rant. 

Jimin-Hyung immediately quieted. "I'm sorry, it's just, I'm the one who made the mistake, I'm the one who lied and put up a mask, yet I'm the one being comforted by a group of friends while Tae who was hurt and crushed by his own best friend is all alone by himself. It's not fair. " he sniffled. 

Jungkook looked up in surprise. "He doesn't have friends?"

"Well, he has thousands of acquaintances, 'cause he is super popular and really sociable, but that's just a persona he puts up. In reality he's this sweet, slightly insecure baby who has a hard time fully trusting people. So yeah, I'm the only friend he really opens up to. Or at least, was. But then I had to go and mess that trust up, and now, gosh, he must be so devastated. He's never gonna trust anyone ever again, and it'll be all my fault." 

"I-I'm sorry, Hyung," Jungkook stammered, his own eyes beginning to blur with tears threatening to fall. 

Jimin managed a small smile. "Oh, Jungkookie, it's not your fault whatsoever. You had no idea who he was or what situation we were in. If anything you did the right thing, it was only a matter of time until he found out. I can't keep lying to him like this. This way, there may be a chance to come clean, clear up my conscious, and maybe start over. If I were to be honest, I was so full of guilt whenever I was with him, that I could never really focus on our friendship. I just wish...I just wish I could check up on him, you know?"

Jungkook involuntarily imagined Taehyung, long lashes, honey-gold skin, and light hair, curled up in a dark corner crying by himself and his heart stopped working for a few seconds. He wasn't even entirely sure what the issue was. All he knew was that Jimin lied about something and Jungkook had revealed it to Taehyung who was all alone and hurting. He now understood that it was stupid of him to think that Jimin was interested in Taehyung in the romantic way. Clearly, Jimin valued their friendship. Plus, the way he looked at Yoongi-Hyung like he was his guardian angel was so painfully (sweet) gross that if Jungkook didn't feel like crying, he would probably be gagging.

"I-I could check on him?" he timidly offered.

All four of his hyungs turned to look at him in astonishment. 

"W-Well, I mean, it's unlikely that he'll even acknowledge Yoongi, Hobi, or Namjoon Hyung because he has no idea who they are, but at least he's seen me before. And I just want to try, you know?" he stuttered, trying to explain. 

Jungkook watched on nervously as his hyungs exchanged looks. 

"Um, Jungkook, before you go, I should clarify something about...Taehyung's situation. He doesn't live in the most...comfortable places and he's a little sensitive about it, so please don't mention it in anyway. Please don't make yourself sound like a rich jerk even accidentally, because the moment you do he will throw you out."