A walkthrough in the ruins

Start from the beginning

"Alright you lot, get ready to move out!" You yelled. When your squad didn't acknowledge your order, you sighed and smacked your forehead. Astro watched as you tried to give out the order and gave you a look of pity. He then walked forwards and coughed.

"Black onyx knights! You listen when your captain is giving you an order." Astro shouted, bringing your squad's attention to him. He then smiled at you. You sighed and thanked him, embarrassed that he had to intervene.

"Alright, get ready to move out!" You told. The black onyx knights nodded. You then saw the constructors make their way towards you. The head builder walked up to you and nodded to you.

"My crew and I are ready to move out." The builder told. You and Astro smiled and nodded. Astro then turned towards everyone.

"Alright everyone, listen up! The white diamond knights will guard the constructors while the black onyx knights will drive out more of the other monsters that surround the nearby areas. Am I understood?" Everyone nodded. Astro nodded. "Good. Now, move out!" Everyone made their way towards the warp pads and teleported to the outcast lands. You clenched your fists. You had to work hard to b a good captain! You teleported to the outcast lands and saw that Astro had already given your squad their orders for you and saw them move out. Your eyes widened as you walked towards Astro. Astro turned towards you and smiled. "Y/N, good. You're here; I'm presuming that you're going to check the ruins with Abercrombie, Kennedy and Sabrina?" Astro questioned. You nodded.

"Yeah." You then looked around. "Man, I didn't even need to be here. You've already got everything under control." Astro chuckled.

"Well, if you've been a captain for as long as I have, then you tend to get used to things." Astro told. You frowned and crossed your arms.

"Are you bragging?" You questioned. Astro's eyes widened.

"W-what? No! I-I'm not bragging!" When Astro saw your look, he sweat dropped. "Okay, maybe a little." You rolled your eyes.

"Well I'm heading out. I'll see you back here at sunset." You told. Astro nodded and waved to you as you walked over to Abercrombie, Kennedy and Sabrina. You then nodded to the three of them and made your way towards the ruins. The reason you were all going to the ruins was to retrieve a dangerous artefact that needed to be kept safe in the lab. The three of you walked through the forest until you reached the ruins. You all walked inside and looked around. You took out a map of the ruins and glanced to your friends. "Alright team, we need to find the artefact and then get out of here." You told. The others nodded.

"Exactly what is this place?" Kennedy questioned as he looked around.

"Well, this place used to be a very ancient temple used for ancient rituals. Actually, this temple was once used to power the white diamonds pendant and the black onyx pendant." You stated. You then walked further into the ruins and saw a hallway. You turned towards Abercrombie. "Abercrombie, you stay here. And DON'T touch anything." You told as you, Kennedy and Sabrina walked into the hallways. Abercrombie pouted and sighed. He then looked around and sat down on one of the broken pillars. He then looked around some more. It hadn't even been five minutes and he was already bored. Abercrombie stood up and walked over to the walls, which had a lot of moss on them. He then brushed his hands over the stone bricks. Suddenly, one brick was pushed in. Abercrombie's eyes widened in surprise. He then took a step back and clenched his fist, contemplating on whether he should push the brick further in. You had specifically told him not to touch anything. Abercrombie stared at the brick. His curiosity then beat his morals and he pushed the brick further in. His eyes then widened when a pathway opened to reveal a hallway. Abercrombie glanced back. He then looked forwards and walked forwards.

You, Sabrina and Kennedy reached the end of the hallway and saw an opening to a large circular room. In the centre of the room was a pedestal with a diamond shaped stone on top of it. You walked towards the pedestal and looked at the stone. Sabrina and Kennedy went to follow when you held your hand up, halting their movements.

"Wait, we don't know what kind of traps could be here. I'll go forwards." Sabrina and Kennedy nodded and watched as you carefully stepped towards the pedestal. You used your chains to feel the ground ahead of you and smiled when there wasn't any traps. You then advanced. You carefully continued your way towards the pedestal until you sensed a trap nearby. You then side stepped the trap and reached the pedestal. You then grabbed the artefact carefully and smiled. You then walked back towards Sabrina and Kennedy and grinned at the two of them. "Got it." Sabrina and Kennedy smiled.

"Great! Now we can head back to Abercrombie." Kennedy told. Sabrina sighed.

"Hopefully he hasn't touched anything." Sabrina muttered. You chuckled and put the artefact away into the container that Ajeero and Reno had given you. You then handed the container to Kennedy.

"Here, can you hold this?" You questioned. Kennedy nodded and took hold of the container. You then started to head back to the entrance room.

Abercrombie stood in front of two large doors with wide eyes. There were odd runes engraved onto the doors and no matter how hard Abercrombie tried, he could not get the doors open. He then sighed and sat down in front of it. An idea then came to him and he took out his hammer. He then looked towards the door and slammed the hammer down on the stone doors. Abercrombie waited for a moment and frowned when nothing happened. He then slammed his hammer against the door again and frowned. He then tried a third time and saw the door glow with runes on it. Abercrombie's eyes widened.

"Are those runes? No wonder I couldn't open the dang door!" Abercrombie cried. He then glanced back at the hallway and sighed. "Well, I'd better get back before the others find that I'm gone." Abercrombie then turned around and made his way back towards the entrance.

You, Sabrina and Kennedy walked into the entrance room and saw Abercrombie sitting on a broken pillar. Abercrombie saw the three of you and stood up and walked over to you.

"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Abercrombie questioned. You looked around and smiled when you saw that Abercrombie hadn't touched anything. Kennedy walked up to Abercrombie.

"Well, we didn't realise that the hallway was that long. So you can't blame us." Kennedy told. Abercrombie sighed.

"So, did you end up finding the artefact?" Abercrombie questioned. Kennedy nodded as he took out the container. He then handed it to Abercrombie.

"Could you take this back to Ajeero and Reno? We're going to go check up on things at the village ruins." You told. Abercrombie nodded and put the container in his satchel. You glanced at Sabrina and Kennedy. "Okay guys, I think it'll be quicker if I just teleport us there." Sabrina and Kennedy nodded. You all then waved to Abercrombie before teleporting to the village ruins. Abercrombie waved back. He then glanced at the artefact and the closed entrance. An idea then came to him and he walked over to the wall and opened the entrance. He then walked through the hallway until he reached the stone doors. Abercrombie looked up at the doors and took out the artefact. He then held it up to the door and watched as the artefact resonated with the door. Abercrombie watched as the runes on the stone doors disappeared and watched as the stone doors opened. Abercrombie took a step forwards and looked into the room. Inside the room was circular with broken pillars and cobwebs with moss on the stone walls. In the centre of the room was a coffin. Abercrombie gulped and walked towards the coffin cautiously. He then used his hammer to nudge the lid off and looked inside. Before he could react, the coffin lid flew all the way off and smashed against the wall. Abercrombie cried out in surprise and took a step back.

"W-w-what!?" Abercrombie cried. He then watched as a boy slowly sat up and yawned. Abercrombie's eyes widened at the boy's appearance. The boy looked just like Astro! Except, he wore a black jacket with a long black scarf and black shorts with black boots. Instead of the usual chocolate brown eyes Astro had, he had blood red eyes. The darker version of Astro glanced at Abercrombie and smirked.

"I'm back."