⌜ twenty seven ⌟

Start from the beginning

renjun nudged mark who was staring at the guy leaving the cafeteria.

i thought he was fine?❞ renjun furrowed his brows

mark bit his lip ❝why?

he was avoiding you, you idiot!

and?

if only mark isn't his friend, he would've slapped him in the face by now. ❝he is not fine.

maybe lucas really did invited him to eat lunch outside.

mark then followed to where renjun was pointing. it was lucas walking towards their table with a big smile plastered on his face while looking at his phone.

oh you're right.❞ mark mentally slapped himself

🍼

mark was alone going to the clinic. it felt weird since he was usually accompanied by donghyuck whenever they go home. they always go to the clinic to get chan and they go home together.

but now it was only him.

oof-

mark was so busy with his thoughts that he didn't bother minding his surroundings.

i'm sorry- donghyuck?

donghyuck immediately knew who that voice belongs too. ❝yeah, hi.

the younger was about to leave but mark held his wrists ❝let's talk.

donghyuck forced himself to giggle ❝talk about what?

there's something wrong. you've been avoiding me for the whole day.

even donghyuck doesn't know the reason why he's been avoiding mark.

he doesn't know or he just won't admit? he just won't admit that he was mad. he is mad at the girl who just suddenly appeared out of no where, telling them that she's chan's mother. he was mad at himself for getting too attached to chan.

he was mad at mark for making him feel like this.

listen if it's about the girl yesterday-

donghyuck looked away ❝what about the girl yesterday?

mark tilted his head, his hold on donghyuck's wrist tightened. ❝are you not mad?

he is. ❝who am i to get mad?❞ donghyuck finally looked straight into mark's eyes. instead of frowning, he showed a smile. ❝i don't have the right. if she wants to see chan, then let her see chan. chan deserves to know who his mother is, even though she just left him at your doorway.

mark's jaw dropped as he heard donghyuck say that ❝are you serious?

she is chan's mother, she has the right.

mark now held both of donghyuck's hands ❝and you are chan's papa.

am i?❞ donghyuck giggled, bitterly ❝tell me mark, am i really?

well not legally but-

donghyuck knew what mark is going to say next. mark already said this once when they were at the beach house. he was actually happy when he heard it but now.. it seems like he was not up to it.

no we can't work things out. i don't want to be chan's papa, i don't want to be included in this mess, and..❞ donghyuck forcefully lets go of mark's hands ❝i don't want to be part of your family.

donghyuck wanted to cry but he didn't feel like it. he picked up the notebook that fell when he bumped mark and left him standing there.

he hated himself for falling deep into mark. he was so into the guy that he totally forgot about the girl he fucked. donghyuck also got used to being chan's papa and might probably regret this. he wanted to blame taeil for making him go to mark's house but then if it wasn't for the teacher then he wouldn't feel like this.

he wouldn't feel like he finally has a family.

he wouldn't feel love.

mark ruffled his hair and turned around. he saw donghyuck walking not that far so he took the chance to run towards him and pulled him closer until their lips touched.

donghyuck's eyes widened when their lips met. his hands crawled up to the older's chest, wanting to push him away but it didn't happen. mark cupped donghyuck's cheeks and continued kissing him, as if everything will be solved if he keeps on kissing donghyuck.

finally, after a few minutes, mark pulled away grasping for air. he stared at the younger's innocent face and made him feel like protecting him at all cost.

donghyuck i-

it was now when donghyuck had the guts to push him away. ❝i'm sorry.

and with that, donghyuck ran away. he didn't even look back and just continued on running.

the older ruffled his hair ❝stupid mark!❞ if only he could punch his self.

he turned around, trying to forget what he did but how can he forget?

he was so busy thinking about it that he didn't realize he was already standing in front of the school's clinic. he sighed and opened the door only to see taeyong and jaehyun talking.

where's chan?

the two stopped talking when they heard mark. jaehyun didn't want to look at the guy and taeyong glared at him.

a girl came hours ago, forcing me to give her your son.❞ taeyong stood up from his seat and walked towards mark. ❝so she is the mother, huh?

how the fuck did she even know where chan is?

i can explain.

nope. i'm guessing you already hurt my brother.❞ taeyong clenched his fists ❝god, i want to punch you in the face right now.

mark closed his eyes, waiting for the punch. he deserves it.

but donghyuck might hate me if i do that to the person he loves dearly.❞ instead of giving a punch, he just ruffled the younger's hair.

but i deserve it.

yeah i know, and you also deserve a second chance.

mark wanted to hug taeyong but stopped himself from doing it.

taeyong patted the younger's head ❝please don't waste your second chance.

mark nodded, he is going to fix this.

t b c