Arms circled my waist and Adam pulled me to his chest. He bent his head to my neck and talked in my ear,

" Who were you talking to?" But I didn't reply. I was so exhausted. The jet lag from the flight hadn't gone yet and I couldn't sleep properly. The bed was comfortable but it was still foreign to my body. I was so accustomed to Adams bed that falling asleep on the new one here,l was very difficult.

" Whats wrong Preciosa?" Adam asked as his fingers worked on my shoulders, making me almost moan. It felt so good to have him massage me.

" Jet lag ." I muttered. I was so close to falling asleep when Adam stopped. I moaned a protest and opened my eyes to look back at him. He was reading a message and the way his brows were furrowed, conveyed he was needed for some work.

Adam had decided to take the day off and make me comfortable in this house. We were staying in David's spare apartment. Adam used to come spend his summer breaks with David so he didn't feel uncomfortable but I, I felt so odd here. The atmosphere, the ambiance , the surroundings, each and everything was so different compared to NY. But nonetheless, I was trying to adapt. It was difficult but I had to cope.

Adam had his jaw clenched and he wasn't happy with whatever he was reading. But I knew It was next to impossible to get him to stay at home, especially with so much work weighing down on him. I placed my hand on his jaw.

" It's fine Adam, you can go." I said, giving him a small smile. His grey eyes were darkened and he was angry.

" But Preciosa...."

" It's fine." I cut his sentence, "Go early so you can come back early." I told him, placing a small kiss on his lips. His lips moved back against mine slowly and just before it could turn passionate, I moved away.

Adam left shortly and I finished unpacking all my bags. And when I finished, I collapsed on the bed, so exhausted that I fell asleep straight away.

~~~~~~

It had been a week for out shift here and I was feeling much better now. Adam , as well, was more relaxed as the situation with David's work was being handled well. Today, I had waken up early. I was dying of boredom just sitting in the apartment and staring at the walls talking to my mother the whole time. I was a working woman and I wasn't used to having so much spare time in my hands.

Last night, I forced Adam to take me with him to do something and after a lot of convincing, he agreed. He bought me to the finance and Sales department of Power&Co. Adam knew I was good with figures so he told me to check whether or not the accounts were balancing and all.

The F&S department was an impressive ten storey building next to all the other departments of Power&Co. Employees who were bold and loud walked around dressed in the most casual, colourful clothes, making me feel like a sore thumb with my black pants and grey buttoned up shirt.

Adam and I walked towards an elevator and I saw the darn gold colour again. It was the insignia of the Larsens and I was getting annoyed of seeing the same colour everywhere.

We came out at the tenth floor to a spacious office. The whole floor had been turned into an extravagant office. In the corner sat a short, brunette who was listening to music with headsets and her legs popped up on her desk. She had her eyes closed so she didn't see us approaching but when we reached her desk, Adam knocked on the desk, startling the woman.

" Oh my god! Mr Larsen! don't you ever do that again." The woman said and the way she spoke without stuttering to Adam conveyed they knew each other well enough.

" Yes don't sleep next time then." Adam said

" Who said I was sleeping..." the woman began but Adam cut her off with introducing me.

" Elise, this is my wife, Sophie Larsen" The woman stared at me for a few seconds before she came round the table and pulled me down to her height. The woman hugged me like we've known each other for ages.

" Oh Mah my... you're the one who stole the heart of this brute. Wow, man wow! Just look at you, all tall and pretty and professional and..." Elise kept ranting but Adam cut her off once again.

" Elise." And an embarrassed blush coloured her cheeks as she muttered a low apology. I chuckled in her direction.

" I'll be going now Preciosa," Adam bent to my ear and spoke,
" If you need anything just call okay." I nodded in his direction and just before he left, he placed a kiss on my lips making Elise sigh loudly. I looked at her and she was swooning at us, her blue eyes filled with awe making me chuckle more.

Looks like I was finally going to enjoy my stay here.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

I apologise for the late update guys but I was so busy with studying I couldn't write a chapter.

However, I've got a little surprise in the next chapter and it's full of cuteness overloaded.

#Don't Forget to Vote, Comment And Share.

.