⚜️52⚜️

Double update!!!

{ Sophie's PoV}

I walked across the red carpet with Adams hand draped around my waist. Paparazzi were on the sidelines and I tried not to cringe as the clicks buzzed in my ear. Questions upon questions were fired at Adam asking him who I was and to answer them all, just before we entered, Adam pulled me closer to him and bent down to give me a passionate kiss.

That just made me more hot and bothered and I wanted to desperately go home. Especially after what Adam said about finishing what we started.

" This is the one and only, Mrs Larsen." Adam rumbled and gasps spilled and instant clicks were heard as Adam and I walked away. We walked in to a huge, classic ballroom which had soft melodies playing in the background. Small groups of people were scattered around chatting and when Adam entered, all eyes shifted to us before smiles broke on everyone's face.

I was feeling so awkward.
Who were this people?
And why we here?
I looked up to ask Adam only to see him having that rare, killer smile of his too. I felt so stupid for not asking Adam before coming and now I was a lost case.

" Hermano!" A tall man approached us, engulfing Adam in a hug. They exchanged a few words before their attention shifted to me,

" So I finally see the woman who has my Hermano whipped?" The stranger said and I gave him a polite smile as I greeted him. He introduced himself before he went to attend another group.

" What exactly is this dinner for?" I asked Adam quickly before another person could gain his attention.

" Oh Preciosa, this is our company reunion." Adam said as he nodded to a couple, " A few shareholders and I are meeting after two years so this is just like a small get together." Adam said.
A small get together!
Psht, The ball was so massive that I'm sure they must've been around a thousand people.

I was going to tell Adam my opinion when an old friendly-looking man came and started a conversation with Adam. This continued for the whole of the night, Adam and I hadn't even gotten more than ten minutes in solace before another person came and talked with him, not even when we were eating dinner. A few of them even engaged in conversation with me but after a few minutes, it was awkward.

" Adam, I'm going to the washroom." I told him, finally getting out of his hold. He looked warily in my direction before he continued talking to another client. I was feeling tired and my legs were aching with all the walking around. I had earlier asked Adam to let me relax by the bar area but he refused saying he didn't want to lose me.

I found a chair and settled down, removing the heels from my legs.
Goodness, it felt so good to get rid of them!

" If your tired we could head home." Adams husky voice said from above and I looked up at him.

" No, I'll be fine," I told him. I could see how content everyone was with Adams presence, Adam himself was relaxed yet still looked intimidating and I didn't want to ruin the night for the people.

Adam bent down to my legs and lifted my feet up. His jaw clenched as he examined my feet and noticed the red marks where the straps of my heels were. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, calling someone before he spoke to me,
" Let's go we're going,"