"It's okay what's up?" Ella took in a deep breath while Timmy waited for her answer.

"So my co star just came in and he wants to get to know me so he's asked if we can go out right now and he's like in my office and I don't know what to do" Ella rambled aimlessly at him. Timmy digested what she had just said, his brain was a bit fuzzy from just waking up.

"You're going out with another guy?" It sounded worse than he meant but Ella knew was he was on about.

"He's my love interest in the movie and he wants to like get to know me or something. I just wanted to tell you" she bit her lip and turned around to see Mia and Tara watching her. They both gave her the thumbs up as she waited for him to reply.

"Thanks for telling me but you know it'll probably be on some tabloid tomorrow right? And you're meant to be with me" it came off a lot more bitter than he intended so he corrected himself. "No like, I'm cool with it because I know you're not going to do anything but other people don't know that" he tried to wake himself up a bit so he didn't feel like such an asshole.

"I can tell him to go..."

"No, don't do that. He's an old friend, go and catch up with him and build your connection for onscreen. I get it, I promise. Oh shit no wait, I don't promise" he was the one rambling now, he thought he had been rude to Ella but she was just laughing at him.

"Okay, go back to sleep. I'll see you this weekend" she grinned, he was grinning too and hung up the phone.

Ella met Milo just outside the office, she decided now would be a good time to mention Timmy.

"Sorry, my boyfriend called" she slid it in so it was out there. She watched Milos face react, he did look a bit stunned and he swallowed hard in the process.

"Okay, you ready?" Ella was a bit shocked that he had just ignored her comment but she didn't want to bring it up again.

They walked down the street, pointing out places to each other that they could go before finally settling to get some lunch because Ella was hungry. They sat down outside in a restaurant since it was a nice warm day in London and they were rare.

"So, what have you been doing since school?" Ella started the casual conversation.

"Well, I started to study to be an accountant." He started, Ella raised her eyebrows in surprise and started laughing.

"What! No way" she laughed, she made sure her laugh couldn't be classified as a giggle because she found giggling flirty and that is not what she was doing.

"Yeah and then I dated a girl who was a drama major and she made me want to become an actor" he summed himself up nicely for Ella was was still laughing.

"I bet she is pissed off" he watched her so carefully, she was the same Ella. She was always so bubbly and beautiful and everyone melted at her feet.

"She's doing all right; she's in dream girls on the west end. But, we don't talk anymore" he chuckled and Ella grinned.

"But you were always in the school plays at school, I assumed you wanted to be an actor" Ella cocked her head to the side, not understanding him.

"Yeah that's because I thought if I was in the plays I would get a girlfriend but every girl just assumed I was gay" he shrugged. It was true, if you were in the school play as a boy then everyone assumed you were gay. That's the kind of world we live in.

Once Ella and Milo had ordered their food, they started talking about the movie. They talked about how the romance intertwined within the main plot and then Milo switched the subject to Ella's love life.

"So, what's your boyfriend like?" He sipped his tea, feeling mischievous and jealous all bundled into one. Ella grew shy as usual, she ran a hand through her hair and laughed awkwardly.

"He's lovely" She didn't want to tell Milo a lot about Timothée because he was hers and no one could share that.

"Is he an actor?" Milo leant in as if it were a crime. Ella didn't even have to answer, she just blushed and looked down at her lap. "So you are dating Timothée Chalamet" Milo leant back and let out a deep breath while Ella stared at him.

"Where'd you hear that?" Her heart started to race while she waited for him to answer.

"Nah, it's just there's some rumours and photos of you two but I didn't know whether they were true" he shrugged, trying to play it off as if it weren't a big deal.

"He's in New York though." Ella said as if it were relevant, she didn't know what to do anymore, she felt awkward around Milo now.

"Oh so you're doing the whole long distance thing?" He sipped his tea again and tried to act as casual as possible.

"I guess"

———————————————
Just posted the cast so go and have a look. It's a the beginning of the book.