chapter: 9

va·cate

/ˈvāˌkāt/
verb
leave (a place/person that one previously occupied).

i sat behind the kitchen counter, watching as he poured raw honey into his green tea after waking up at 12 in the afternoon. his dark brown hair surrounded his face in tangles that desired to be brushed out. i wondered if he wished for my fingertips to untangle his hair from the roots to his terribly split ends from memories of last night.

    probably.

    "sugar?" he questioned, as he poured a second mug. the steam from boiled water rose into the air and consumed my nostrils as a fresh herb that purely left my mouth watering just by the scent of earthy greens. i shook my head no, wanting just the pure bliss of green tea.

    he nodded, as he handed me the warm, white mug. my fingertips trailed along the handle as i began to bring it to my lips and lightly sip it, trying not to burn my mouth.

    "listen," he began. my eyes shifted towards josh, as he set down his mug gently on the marble counter top. i took a deep breath as i looked away from him and took another sip.

    "last night... uh," he stuttered on his words, so i finished them for him.

    "... was a mistake." i said blandly. i didn't want to look at him, but from the corner of my eye i saw his head shift gently up and down.

    "we shouldn't have done anything." i nodded as i held onto the handle of the mug with a tight grip. i sat myself up and hopped off the chair i sat on, guiding myself to the living room. i placed my mug on the coffee table ahead of me, and i sat down on the sofa my mother bought for me years ago when i had just moved into this house. my freshly shaved legs caressed the soft material as josh's button up shirt rode farther up my thigh, close to showing my laced panties. he followed me, and sat the end of the couch. my ears rang in shivers that traveled down my spine as his groggy voice filtered the air, almost scaring me.

    "just friends," he began. "right?" i looked at him and softly smiled.

    "right."i held my hand out for him to shake and he gladly took it, returning the smile back at me. "just friends-"

    the door bell rang, and i looked at josh with a confused look. he shrugged and looked at the door. i gently sat myself up and headed towards the door, my feet trailing its way. i unlocked the door and held onto the handle with a tight grip as i turned it to one side, hiding my body behind the door as it opened gracefully. my eyes looked up to see david in his black hoodie, dripping with droplets of fresh rain. i watched as a raindrop flowed down  from the ends of his hair to the side of his cheek and down his jaw, then slowly dropping onto the strings of his hoodie.

    "david?" i questioned. "what the hell are you doing here?" i saw his eyes shift from behind me, possibly looking at josh in just his boxers. he then looked back down at me with a surprised look.

    "i needed to talk to you, considering you haven't answered any of my calls." he began, looking back behind me. "but it seems as if you're busy. so i'll go-" he started to walk away but the second he did, i shook my head and got  ahold of his arm and brought him closer the door.

    "no, don't go. he was just about to leave-" i started.

    "i was?" josh asked, confused almost as clear as day. i look behind me to see josh stand up and i nod.

    "yes, in fact you were just about to change as well." i said, wanting him to take a hint so he can leave. he rolled his eyes and agreed, walking up the stairs to grab his clothes and possibly change. i looked back at david and sighed.

    "i didn't know you guys were together," david mumbled looking down.

    "we aren't." i said. "he just needed a ride home," i looked down, away from david looking at me. he scoffed at my words.

    "you aren't?" he questioned, unconvinced. "why are you wearing his shirt with no pants on? why was he in his boxers?" i rolled my eyes.

    "why does it matter to you, david? you're the one who left me, remember that? what about that night you told me you cheated on me, huh? why were there hickey's on your neck? why did you leave me for her? why did you leave me broken? why did you abuse me the way you did? why me? why her? why didn't just tell me you didn't want to be with me? why didn't you love me the way you promised?" he stood there, as silent as could be. i shook my head as i heard josh's footsteps from behind me, feeling him gently tap on my shoulder.

    "you're wearing my shirt," he said as i looked at him, shirtless. i looked down at his shirt on me and sighed, groaning loudly.

    "i'll be back," i said as i walked up the stairs, getting ready to change. my feet trailed along the wooden floor as i walked into my room, headed towards my closet. i removed his shirt, remembering josh doing this same act less than 24 hours ago. i cringed mentally at the thought of it. i quickly change into a slightly oversized mickey mouse shirt with a rusty red color at the sleeves and an older shade of creme that was placed in every other spot. mickey smiled at the top of my chest, and i giggled at how much i loved mickey and how childish it was. i then decided that it was best to cover my legs in shorts, and in no time i was finding myself in the doorway with a confused face.

    i handed josh his shirt and looked at the door, only to find it closed.

    "where'd he go?" i asked. he looked at me, and shrugged, buttoning his shirt up to the top.

    "he left," he said, cuffing his sleeves. "not a first." he assured back at me, rubbing my shoulders as he opened the door and began to leave.

    "see ya' later," he waved, swiftly closing the door behind him.

    "he left,"

    again.

a/n: mmmk, i know how annoying author's notes are...so imma (try to) keep this short. i've been thinking, and tbh i suck at keeping stories. (clearly. i've cancelled all of my other stories that were unplanned) and i was wondering if you guys would like to see like a diza oneshots ?¿ and i already know that most of you are going to say no cuz they're no longer an ongoing relationship, and i've seen a DRAMATIC loss of my views on this story from my demographics sever since the break up. and i'm not saying that i care about how many views i got, cuz i truly don't. but i mean...it makes sense about me losing views. they broke up, c'mon. however, if you still read diza, would you like to see some oneshots? cuz i've been thinking about it for a while and i don't want to start something you guys don't want. but anyways...ilysm you lil hoes. <3