chapter: 5

ver·ti·go

/ˈvərdəɡō/
noun
a sensation of whirling and loss of balance

    "c'mon, babe," i chuckle as his lips trail down my neck. "we have to leave soon." and as i whisper these words, he sucks harder on my neck, almost making my knees week as he groans in pleasure, knowing he's claiming me as his while he plants hickeys everywhere. i close my eyes and rest my head on his chest from behind while he continues to kiss my neck. i shudder at his touch and i bit my lip, restraining myself from a slight whimper. he pauses for a moment, feeling his lips only a centimeter from my warm skin.

"princess, i have never felt this way with anyone else but you," his breath rests below my earlobe and it sends shives down my spine, and i swear i can feel my head spin. "and i don't plan on feeling this way with someone else." and here i go spinning 'round and 'round. over and over, i feel my skin burst with flames as he kisses my neck gently again. and before he can leave another hickey, i quickly turn around and grab his shirt collar, shocking him with my sudden spark of dominance.

"quit it," i snap at him. "don't speak. don't even say a word," i lean close to his face and his eyes burn deep into my skin as he stares at my lips. "i don't need words, words are fake in our love affair, darling. i just need you, now and only forever." he smiles and looks at me in the eyes, and they sparkle against the moonlight in our hotel room. quickly he looks at me in the eyes and connects our lips. my head spins, once again, and i am back in this spinning wheel of love. and i can almost guarantee it will spin forever and ever.

"david," i mumble against his lips. he mumbles a "hmm," and i smile before speaking. "i love you so much, love."

    and for a split second, i fell in love all over again. but it all stopped. the feeling of lust, the sparks, and his hands on my waist. it was just a dream.

    it's just a dream.

    i sigh as i quickly push the sheets off my body before feeling the sudden gust of coldness from the room seep into my pores. it felt weird, i must say. feeling his lips on my skin was like warmth to my heart. looking into his eyes without getting mad at him was like drinking hot chocolate on a snowy morning in the middle of december. it was amazing.

    suddenly as i walk to the living room to grab a blanket, a phone call interrupts my movements. and i instantly smile as i see the contact name.

    "joshy!" i shout into the phone.

    "hello, princess elizabeth," he declares with such happiness, and it only makes my smile grow wider than before.

    "what's up, dude?" i question him.

    "ok, i don't want to sound too crazy or anything, and you're probably just going to end up saying no, so i kind of don't know why i'm asking because it's useless..." i giggle and interrupt him from trailing off any farther from his nervousness.

    "it's ok, just take a breath." and then i hear him deeply inhale and exhale.

     "thanks," he says.

     "no problem, dude." i begin. "now, what is it that you wanna' ask me?" after i say this sentence, i swear i could hear his breaths go more heavy.

    "umm... right," he begins before taking a deep breath again. "so i kind of wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out on a date friday night. but if you don't want to then i perfectly understand. i mean, who'd want to go out with me. like that's just crazy..." he trails off and i smile.

    "no," i say. "i'd love to go on a date with you."

    he sighs out of relief. "great! pick you up at seven?" and i nod, before remembering he can't see my face.

    "yeah, yeah. that's perfect. see you then!" and just as i'm about to hang up the call, i hear him shout.

    "no wait! i forgot to tell you that it was a double date with one of my close friends and his girlfriend."

    "oh," i begin. "ok that's fine. who with?" i ask him before biting my lip in a questioning state.

    "david," he starts. "david dobrik."