Chapter 10

Zaliyah's POV (2 weeks later)

I was laying on August's bed at his Mama's house while she was downstairs cooking breakfast. He said he needed to talk to her so I left them and let them have their conversation. After about 20 minutes of them talking August walked in and sat beside me on the bed. He just sat there quietly and I scooted over next to him, still laying down.

"Zaliyah." he said after a while.

"Yes baby."

"We need to talk." he said turning off the TV.

I got nervous and paid attention to him. "Yes? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything is okay." he said rubbing my face. "It's just something I want to talk to you about."

"I'm listening."

"Okay, so you know how I got signed and all, right? My record label is moving to Atlanta... and I know you like our lifestyle, and that I'm making money legally, and I know you don't want me selling drugs again." he said looking at me, I nodded. "Another record deal won't be available for a while and if I stop making music then money stops coming, and I can't deal with my pockets being dry ever again. So I was wondering... do you want to move with me?"

"Move?" I asked sitting up and looking at him.

"Yeah, they're moving to Atlanta and I found a few spots I was interested in. So do you want to?"

"Move in with you? Just us, or alone?" I asked.

He laughed. "We're gonna live together, Ze. You're gonna be with me."

I slowly nodded and started smiling. "I would love to."

He smiled. "I was hoping you would say that."

I gave him a long hug and after a while he pulled back and walked to the closet. He came back with like 10 boxes. "Better start packing, kiddo."

"Wait, what? When are we leaving?" I asked looking up at him.

He smiled and walked up on me, grabbing my chin. "In a week."

"What? That's the day after my birthday."

"I know." he laughed walking out.

I sighed and grabbed the boxes walking downstairs.

"That boy got you working already?" Mrs. Alsina asked stirring her pot of collard greens.

I giggled. "Yes ma'am."

"I told him about that shit, I'ma beat his ass." she said shaking his head. "Get him a hard working girl for once and don't know how to act... here baby, will you peel these sweet potatoes for me?"

"Yes ma'am, I'd love to help." I said grabbing everything from her.

I sat them on the counter beside the stove and started peeling the sweet potatoes. She turned on Anita Baker and we both started singing.

"And she knows that old school? I love her!" she said. We both laughed.

In no time I was done. I put them in the pot with some cinnamon, nutmeg, a stick of butter, and three cups of sugar. Once I put the top of Mrs. Alsina lifted it to check. She smiled, gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. "You're so perfect."

"Thank you." I smiled back.

We were just standing in the kitchen talking and enjoying the music when August walked in. "I thought I told yo ass to start packing."

"August Anthony Alsina Junior, watch yo fucking mouth when you're around me. And I told you not to boss Ze around like she's yo damn slave! She's your girlfriend and hopefully she'll be your wife, but if yo sorry ass keep treating her that way she probably gon leave you." she said hella loudly, making me laugh.