Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Mason Erwan Ashmore

Absentmindedly, I look at the scenery. There's a huge rock, that's like floating in the air, supported by a three thick silver metal. The metals are in a quarter-bend C position. Underneath the rock, it's spurting water. Like a shower. It's called Rock Fountain. There are people wandering around, taking a look at everywhere. The air is cold, causing me to quiver. Kitty, who is petting Beanie in her arms, looks so lost. The very green grass is trimmed, looking soft and clean.

There is a question hurtling inside my brain: Why was Mrs. Paris observing us?

She's not a nosy bitch. In fact, she's only a bitch. But not nosy. And there's also this feeling, that there is something going on. When I saw Mrs. Paris, she's really different. She looked pained and hurt. And she's wearing a blue with white streaks fancy duster. Always, Mrs. Paris wears a gray pants and a suit. Sometimes, she wears leggings. She sometimes looks like a teenager. And she's very beautiful. Like Kitty. But Kitty is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my whole fucked up life. With her, I can be myself. But most importantly, I can be with her.

"What are you thinking?" Kitty spurts, making me frown but diminish as I see her face, making me relax. "You seem so lost."

"Nothing," I say casually. On the inside, I'm dying, wanting her to touch me. Her hands are supposed to be touching me, not Beanie! "Now, I'm jealous. Put Beanie down and c'mere!"

"No," says Kitty, who is grinning at me evilly. "She's a cat. It means she'd wander around because cats are always curious. Then we'd never see her again."

"No shit."

"Yes shit." Kitty mocks me. Willingly, I grab the back of her neck and slant down and give her a deep, powerful, meaningful, passionate kiss. She rests her hands on my arms, supporting her body for I don't know what, and kisses me back.

"We need to talk," I simply say. Giving her a smile, she nods at me barely and looks away. "Tonight, wear something fancy. I'll pick you at 7 in the evening. Okay?" She nods again and I lead her to her apartment. I head back to my own.

I head inside my apartment, flooping myself onto the soft and bouncy sofa. I think of what I've seen and what I've observed. Obviously, she's Mrs. Paris... but too much difference. I try to think of it, trying to connect the dots. I start to Kitty's family. Mr. Paris and Mrs. Paris have two daughters. Kitty and Lily. Lily.

Lily.

Lily is older than Kitty by two months. Kitty was born two months away after Lily. Shit. I'm so confused right now. Lily is surely the daughter of Mr. Paris and Mrs. Paris. She's like the exact replica of his father. And somewhat, she looks like also her mother, Mrs. Paris. So does Kitty.

I gasp.

Mrs. Paris has a twin sister? Could be. And it's possible. Very. I slump myself deeper on the couch as I think of it interestingly. If Mrs. Paris had a twin sister, whe isn't she here? And if she's Kitty's real mother... wait. She is Kitty's real mother?

My brain feels like it's going to explode in any minute, the information I've concluded is still going on inside my head, giving me a headache. I heave myself up on the couch and bolt out of my apartment and decide to head to Kitty's. I wait for the elevator. When the elevator dings, I run faster like I'm sort of in a Olympic competition. I punch 15th floor and wait, tapping my foot on the ground impatienly. When it dings, I walk and then stop.

There's a woman standing there outside Kitty's door. She has a scarf covering her face, her brown hair is laid back, shining. She's still wearing the duster I've seen in her earlier. Twin sister. I just look at her back. Hesitatingly, she releases a exasperated sigh and turns around and sees me. Her eyes widen and runs, passing me but I catch her wrist and remove the scarf that is covering her face.

Much to her shock as it is to me, she's looking at me wide eyes. There, standing in front of me, is a woman that is the exact replica of Mrs. Paris.

"Who are you?" I demand.

"Let me go!" She hisses, merely shouting. Her voice is like Kitty's. Her voice is filled with pain and hurt and by the tune of her voice, she doesn't want violence.

"Not until you tell me everything," I say coldly. "I've speculated something earlier before I came here to talk to Kitty. I saw you in Serendra, watching us intently. What's your purpose? Are you Kitty's biological mother?" Her eyes go wide as I said the last part. She looks away and pain crosses her face. Not wanting to cry, she shuts her eyes as she rests her head in her hands.

"Let's go, Mason. I'll tell you everything." She says softly, tearing her head away from her hands and looks away. She turns around and walks without even saying 'follow me'. And she does know me. I follow her, though.

As we reach Market! Market!, we go inside. We go to the third floor and head to Sbarrow. We take a seat and wait for her to speak. Thinking of Kitty, there's this feeling inside me that is aching. Longing for her touch. I want her beside me.

I need her with me. Being possesive, I don't want anyone hitting on Kitty. Particularly Liam the freak de Guzman. My heart is beating loudly, pummeling real hard against my chest. Like a fist hitting my chest.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything," I say with no doubt and hesitation. I see her face falls down. Then she looks up, staring at the concrete ceiling and then sighs.

She begins, "You're really smart, Mason. When you were 1 year old, you always did what everyone did." Then she smiles at me. "Where to start? Ah, okay. Yes, Amelia is my sister. She's my twin sister." I knew it! I knew it! I'm such a total dumb. "When we were kids, she was always jealous of me. Because I was my mother's favorite and not her. She's fucked up and so is Luke."

Amelia Paris and Luke Paris are a fucked up humans. No doubt about that. Mrs. Paris is such a bitch and always overreacts. She doesn't like Kitty and I want to know why. Now I'm having some answers to my questions, I feel like I don't want to know because it affect Kitty. I don't want her to get hurt. Everytime I see her hurting, I feel like my heart is going to be reaped away inside my chest.

"Kristoff, my husband, and I started the company, Mason." She says, her voice filled with rage and angry and hatred. She almost snarled, almost banged the table. "When my sister, Amelia, and his stupid husband threatened me, I was afraid. Me and Kristoff were kicked out. With no amount of money. My sister spreaded a rumor about me and Kristoff, about doing illegal things. That's why we got kicked out. And your heartless father joined them. I had a choice, and that's to leave Kitty with them. My own daughter..." She falters as she begins to sob. I sit beside her and hug her, comforting her. Those cruel bitches. I totally hate them with all my heart. How dare Mrs. Paris treated her own blood like this?

"We had no money. So we left Kitty to them. Kristoff and I worked really hard and started a new company. When I heard that the first company I started is falling down, I immediately went here. The company is losing, falling down. And that's my queue. The company is on sale right now." I stare at her wide eyes. "And my plan is to buy the company and make them suffer. I've bought their investors and everything. To save the company, you and Kitty had to get married. But that didn't stop it.

"It is still falling down. Now is my queue. I'll take Kitty away from them. I've hired a private investigator and told him to observe the Paris' family. Especially my daughter. The investigator told me they are treating Kitty like an animal and I was... am... so mad. But I didn't know what to do because I couldn't let them see me. So I waited for the perfect time. Kristoff will be here tomorrow morning. We'll buy the company. And I want you there. And Kitty. They're going down, Mason.

"Before your wedding happened, I called Luke, threatening him. He did what I told him. To protect Kitty from themselves. Nobody knows about what Luke and I talked about. Only him and I. And Mason, don't tell this to Kitty. Not until tomorrow. Okay?" I nod, still speechless. She gives me a hug and kisses my temple. "You know, I'm glad Kitty has you. When you were kids, you guys were inseperable. Nothing has changed. Do you love my daughter?"

"Yes, Mrs..." I falter, waiting for her to say something about her.

"Mrs. Wade. But call me Kianna." She gives me a smile. "My husband's name is Kristoff Timothy. When Kitty was born, Kris decided that her name would be the first of mine and the first of his second name. Ki-anna. Ti-mothy. Kitty. She was like a hairless kitten when she was born. So little and very cute. I remember her, crying in my arms when she was a 5 months old. Kitty and Lily are known as twins. Sucks. She's treating Kitty unwell. She's just like her mother.

"One thing, Mason. When I buy the company, make sure you're with Kitty, holding her. I don't want her to get hurt. Please..." She whispers, tears are threatening to come out. Too much information. She stands up, gives me a tender peck on my cheek and stalks away.

I head to my apartment and put myself on the soft mattress, putting the comforter on top of me. I sleep, giving my self at least a rest.