June 20, 1891

Oh thank the lord! I got on Flicka today and she didn't kill me which is of course good. I think I'll make the deadline for this blasted deal.

      Now to just get Rocket to trust me. I'm trying to have her think of me as a leader by doing join up with her but she is still super distrustful. Never mind thinking about touching her head or ears. I don't know how I'm supposed to ride her if I can't put a bridle on her. And I can't even do bit less with her. I'm worried how she'll react to a saddle because of that scar. If that happened when she was feral then there's no guarantee that it healed properly and there might be pain with a girth. I wonder if I could ride her bareback and with a neck rope...? No that's an absolutely idiotic idea to break a horse to ride just purely by aids without a saddle and bridle first there's no way that can happen.

     Liam is being an absolute doll and is a great help around the place. He remembers everything I forget needs done and seems to know what needs fixed before it needs fixed. We have good talks after everything is done for the day and he's very forward thinking for living in Montana. He's not bothered by me wearing pants and seems to think that all women should and he's totally for equality.  He is such fun to talk to.

      Speaking of guys the Johnsons must be up to something because Zach is being scarily nice to me. It's almost like he's a decent human being. What could they possibly be up to....

I did it!! I finally wrote again, sorry it's been so long!