June 13, 1891

Oh, my hell will they ever stop! You'd think people couldn't be so bigoted. The Johnson's are trying to have the ranch reposed, something about some fee that Dad forgot to pay when he bought the place. So not only are they trying to get the land with that stupid bet but now they are trying to speed up the process. Ugh! Thankfully it's only $200 I should be able to get that by selling Broomstick. I hate to sell her but I need the money.
Liam seems to be doing well. I have him working with Talliope and they seem to be getting along well. Until the cows come there isn't too much to do except feed the horses, keep them exercised and repair anything that breaks. Having him around gives me more time to work with Flicka and Rocket.
Flicka is doing really well. I can put my full weight on her with my arms and she won't budge. Rocket, on the other hand, is the cause of my lack of sleep, embarrassment, and sore muscles. She is still freaking out about the halter. She knocked me in the mud yesterday. And guess who showed up right them? Yup, the extremely bigoted and frustrating Zach. He always shows up at the most inopportune times. Like when I'm swearing and covered in mud. And he always smirks when Rocket doesn't respond. I wonder if he knows something that I don't. I'll have to have Liam ask around. Maybe the town will tell him something that they won't tell me.