"Gracie I've told you, it's not a bomb chill" I signed "fine whatever, it's not like you listen to me anyway" rolling my eyes I continued to watch the duo break into it with a screwdriver, whilst I picked up the hammer and was running my finger along the metal head.

"I think it's a power source"

"Yeah but it's connected to all these microprocessors, that's an inductive charging plate" Ned pointed out "that's what I use to charge my toothbrush"

"Whoever's making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours"

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said" Ned confessed "I just want to thank you for letting me and Gracie be part of your journey..into this amazing-"

Suddenly bored watching peter try to break into the contraption, using the hammer in my hand I jumped off the table while Ned was talking to peter and smashed the hammer onto the metal making the purple glowy thing pop out. This caused all three of us to jump at the loud noise and also when the gem glowed bright, making us alarmed.

We looked around to see if anyone saw, me hiding the hammer behind my back trying to look as innocent as possible. Luckily nobody was really bothered and continued working.

"Keep your fingers clear from the blades" the teacher said not even looking up from his book.

I turned to Ned and Peter as they gave me the 'WTF' look. I just shrugged my shoulders "what, you trying to pry it out with a screwdriver was taking too long" I directed to peter. "I just made your life much easier in a short amount of time"

I put the hammer back on the desk deciding that I'd already caused enough damage and didn't want to get sent out.

"We need to figure out what this thing is and who makes it" I concluded

"We'll go to the lab after class and do some tests" Ned agreed

Ned and peter did their weird bro handshake, I looked at them in confusion. Once they finished I added a small "You guys are so weird" before walking out the classroom waving behind me to the duo, who then followed me out.

Ned, Peter and I were walking down the corridor. Peter was a little in front of us while Ned and I were having a conversation about me trying on Peters mask.

"Wait so your we're allowed to try on his mask?"

"Yeah I just asked him, with a lot of persuasion he just gave it me" I whispered.

"Cool, wonder if he'll let me try it on" Ned thought

"Probably, just ask him he'll let you if he let me"

"I bet it looks cool being able to see everything in high density, I bet peter had a lot of-"

"Crap!"

Ned was cut off by peter who suddenly stopped in his tracks, he turned around and grabbed me by the shoulders pushing me against the wall he stared into my eyes before breaking it to look at Ned. He motioned for him to follow him.

I couldn't concentrate, Peter being this close makes my heart beat out of my chest. I could smell his cologne which made my head spin. His body and face was so close to mine if he turned around again we'd definitely be nose to nose.

I took a deep breath to calm my heart, unfortunately I can't control the desire to kiss peter. I had to however force myself to focus my attention elsewhere before I regret my actions.

Ned waddled over.

Peters hands were still on my shoulders as he looked around the corner.

"W-what do you see?" I stuttered still quite flustered.

"That's one of the guys that tried to kill me" he faced Ned and I "what?!" Ned and I whispered with shocked faces.

"Yeah...."

"...p-peter we need to get out of here" I panicked.

He faced towards me looking me deep in the eyes "no,no,no we've got to follow them, maybe they know the guy that trapped me in the lake"

"That's why you were damp when I found you?you got dumped in the lake? Peter nodded.

Peter started to follow them but I grabbed his arm stopping him "p-peter no!" Peter put his hand on my arm caressing it before pulling away following them once again

"No stay there Gracie, stay with Ned" peter pleaded.

Peter snuck away "Peter!" I whisper shouted. Peter ignored me and followed them down into the school basement.