Chapter ₈

THE PURPLE GLOWY THING

нavιng a gυy вeѕт ғrιend ιѕ тнe greaтeѕт, υnтιl yoυ ғall ιn love wιтн нιм

This silence was beginning to get on my nerves, I decided to break it before I killed myself.

"So, where were you huh?" I asked as we walked up a hill side by side.

"Gracie I really don't want to talk about this right now, Mr Stark is already mad at me I don't want you to be too" Peter signed.

"Fine I'll drop it" I confessed holding my hands up but rolled my eyes. "At least tell me when we get back to Ned, then he'll know too" I asked

"Sure.."

And we're back to silence again. Great.

"Hey...can I try on the mask?" I asked trying to lighten the mood

He was reluctant but after many pleads he finally gave in like he always does and took off his mask handing it to me.

The mask was a bit damp which was very confusing, also that peters whole suit was damp made me question to myself what'd happened. But I promised Peter that I'd drop it, I really want to know though.

I smiled as I placed the mask over my head. Wow this is weird, I felt like a robot being able to see everything with enhanced vision and mini images in the lenses.
I had to admit that Starks work was really impressive.

I turned to Peter "how do I look? You think I could pass as an avenger?" I did a funny superhero pose. Peter laughed before answering "probably...." he smiled at me, I did too but you obviously couldn't see through the mask so I took it off.

Thus making my hair look like it's been electrocuted. I giggled trying to flatten it down with great difficulty since I was holding Peters mask in one hand.

Peter stared at me as I was brushing my hair down, I stopped and looked at him "what?"

"N-nothing" he stuttered ruffling his hair, there was a faint blush on his cheeks. Cute.

I smirked and looked down before handing him his mask, I made eye contact with him "here" he smiled shyly and took the mask from my hand. Our hands brushed against each other's making my heart beat fast, Peters blush got beet red making him look like a strawberry. A cute strawberry though, Hehehe.

"E-errrm let's go" he put his mask back on to cover his blush of me. He then proceeded to walk away leaving me behind, I could hear him whispering to himself but it was muffled so i couldn't understand.

I sign and jogged, trying to catch up to him. When I caught up and was right behind peter he stopped abruptly making me crash into his back. Ow my fave.
I mumbled a quick sorry after he asked if I was ok.

I then walked around Peters body to see him staring at a purple glowy gem stone thing that was inside a metal contraption. Woah what the heck!

Peter walked to it, me following close behind. As we were concentrated on the gem trying to figure out what it was, we were suddenly startled when peters phone started to go off.

"Oh! So your phone does work then!" I asked kinda annoyed

He completely ignored me and took out his phone from his suit pocket, checking the caller ID. It was me?

 It was me?