Little Angels

I have a pretty little face la, la, la, la, la, la, la, my eyes are big and round la, la, la, la, la, la, la, I always get my way la, la, la, la, la, la, la...

THUNDERCATHIANS

Chapter 20: Little Angels

Late at night, the activity of the guards was constant, their mission: to find the two small thundercats who had disappeared after the banquet their king offered to the members of the expedition.

"Any news?" asked anguished Leonore, who was hugged by Lion-O.

"None," nodded Lynx-O, "my super-developed senses find no trace of the little ones inside the capital."

"That just means that Minino and Minina left the capital," said Lion-O, surprised.

"How could they have gotten out? They are so small," said Leonore.

"Any theories, Lynx-O?"

"Pumyra told me that she was the last thundercat to see them in the palace, well, she and Rauri."

"And what does Rauri say?" Lion-O asked.

"Risu just informed me that she's not showing up either."

Lion-O and Leonore exchanged worried looks.

"What could this mean?" Do you think someone has kidnapped them?

"Oh no, my children!"

"It's a probability," Lynx-O nodded, "after all, Yuubi informed us this afternoon that factions loyal to Mumm-ra's henchmen are still mobilized. Factions that are very interested in the asistedroids, since they are all safe with Yuubi, were Rauri the only one left unguarded."

"Perhaps the children were present when Rauri was abducted and the captors had no choice but to take the children as well."

"No, Lion-O!"

"Don't worry Lenore, remember that the one they are interested in is Rauri, I don't think they will harm the children. But why would they want the asistedroids?"

"Perhaps," Lynx-O reasoned aloud, "they would want them as an army, as their plan was frustrated, they captured Rauri, if they read her internal memory and proceed to disassemble her they might manufacture more asistedroids."

"That would require factories," Lion-O said, "it would involve understanding and the use of technology, there are only a few such places on the Third Planet, all controlled by us... and by our allies."

"Do you think Lion-O that any of them have betrayed us?" Lynx-O asked.

"I don't see the advantage they could gain from supporting a faction that would want to see them displaced by one of Mumm-ra's former generals, yet we must investigate."

"Lion-O, this is terrible!" shouted Tygra, who had rushed into the room.

"Tygra, what's wrong!"

"As I looked for the children I went to the chamber of the sword of omens and saw that Mumm-ra's gauntlet, the Plundar sword and the other stellar stones were taken away."

"What did you say!"

"Lion-O, all they left was your gauntlet and the sword of omens."

"Surely they tried to take the sword of omens and gauntlets," Lynx-O said, "but the sword is magic and it watched over it and the royal gauntlet, that's why the thieves couldn't steal them."